Got a music video? The Radar Awards take a different approach to the traditional awards ceremony. Prizes don't come in the form of cash, but in the form of opportunity—namely, the opportunity to work with some of the most cutting-edge studios in the world. Held at YouTube Studios in London, they celebrate the submissions of great new music videos from aspiring filmmakers across the globe. They'll be filmed in front of an invited audience of nominees, judges, industry partners, festival and education partners, media partners and the press. The prizes are all about boosting the careers of artists, bands, and directors through powerful contacts and media promotion.
Categories and their corresponding prizes include:
- Best Concept / Narrative Arc: Pulse Films internship/mentorship
- Best Location / Character: Somesuch & Co internship/mentorship
- Best Radar - Commissioned: Partizan internship/mentorship
- Best Tech - Lighting / Cinematography: Kode internship/mentorship
- Best Tech - Editing: TBD
- Best Tech - Art Deptartment: My Accomplice internship/mentorship
- Best Animation / VFX: TBD
- Best Live: TBD
- Best Student Director: Wanda internship/mentorship
- Best Director: TBD, plus submission to the UKMVA, the industry's most prestigious awards for established music video directors.
Winners get guaranteed coverage in leading music video industry press, including PromoNews, Stash, Word is Cheap, 1.4 and Videostatic.
Here are a few of the videos that Radar has commissioned in the past so you can get an idea of the quality they're looking for:
The regular deadline is coming up on April 17th and it only costs $30 to enter.
Source: The Radar Awards