$500,000 worth of prizes are up for grabs in this year's My RØDE Reel competition, open now.
What happens when over 20 top filmmaking brands get together to award filmmakers for their work? The answer is My RØDE Reel— otherwise known as a chance to submit your short films and BTS videos and win prizes from a pool worth over $500,000.
With close to 8,000 video submissions from 89 countries, My RØDE Reel has not only become the world’s largest short film competition, but has also established itself as a staple amongst the global filmmaking community.
As an added incentive to enter this year, there are more categories with more prizes, therefore more chances to win. RØDE encourages all filmmakers, from amateur to professional, to enter the contest, which requires submission of a short film of three minutes or less, as well as a behind-the-scenes reel that features a RØDE product being used during production.
RØDE has provided a free entry pack, including a free music track from Musicbed and 30% off FilmConvert, which is available now by registering here.
One of this year's new prizes for major category winners will be membership in the RØDE Directors Club, in which members will receive every new Broadcast and Filmmaking category microphones RØDE releases for the next three years (pre-release!).
The incredible prize packages also includes other equipment from RØDE, along with gear from just about everybody else, including: Adobe, Angelbird, Aphex, Atomos, Blackmagic Design, Blastwave FX, Cam Caddie, F&V, FilmConvert, FilmSupply, Freefly, iOgrapher, Joby, Kessler Crane, Lowepro, Michael Wiese Productions, Miller, Movcam, Musicbed, NiSi, Paralinx, Red Giant, Shane’s Inner Circle, SoundField, Teradek, and ZEISS.
Top award categories include those with prize packages of over $40,000:
- Judges’ Film award for the best short film
- People’s Choice award for the most popular short film
- Young Filmmaker award for the best short film by an entrant under the age of 18
- Female Filmmaker award, designed to encourage and celebrate women in the film community
New genres award categories this year are:
- Best Virtual Reality film (using 360-degree cameras)
- Best 30-second Television Commercial (for RØDE, naturally)
- Best Vlog
The BTS award for the best behind-the-scenes film is for the first time split into two categories:
- Educational BTS award for the most informative behind-the-scenes video
- Entertaining BTS award for the most entertaining behind-the-scenes video