The annual Filmsupply Challenge is one of only a few we know of that specifically rewards editors, and those rewards are pretty sweet, including a complete pro edit bay. The contest itself is very straightforward: You download a free starter kit from the contest site, you are given access to free footage from Filmsupply and music from Musicbed, and you use those assets to create a 60-second spot in the categories of Ad Spec, Trailer, or Title Sequence.
A main feature of The Best Overall prize package is a full suite that will likely up the level of professionalism of your current editing setup. Among other prizes like year subscriptions to Adobe Creative Cloud, Vimeo Pro, Frame.io and various Boris FX packages, it includes:
- 4K LED reference TV - 50" Samsung MU6300-Series
- 4K LCD Monitors - 28" Asus PB287Q (2x)
- Studio Monitors - Presonus Eris E66 (2x)
- Headphones - Grado Labs RS1e Studio Series
- Color panel - Blackmagic Resolve Micro Panel
- Keyboard - Contour Ultimate Workstation Red
- Mouse - Contour Wireless Unimouse
- Shuttle - Contour Shuttle ProV2
Prizes are also offered in the categories of Best Ad Spec, Best Trailer, Best Title Sequence, Best Color, Best Sound Design, Best VFX, and Best Concept. If you've got editing skills, it's worth entering even to get your work in front of some of the judges, who are influential industry folks like Fabio Costa, Executive Creative Director of ad agency Saatchi & Saatchi and Jennifer Lilly, an editor on Netflix's Master of None.