Get a Full Year of Support for Your NYC-Based Media Project with the Made in NY Fellowship
Individuals, small businesses and non-profits can get twelve months of workspace, mentorship and more for their Made in NY media ventures.
The Made in NY Media Center by IFP, in partnership with The Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, is accepting applications for the third year of the Made in NY Fellowships. Ten one-year fellowships will be awarded to individuals, small businesses and non-profit organizations in media and technology that value diversity in the industry. The goal of the fellowships is to increase and support diversity in the media and technology industry through a variety of perspectives and experiences.
The fellowship will provide a twelve-month membership to the Incubator Workspace at the MINY Media Center by IFP, mentorship with industry leaders and Media Center staff, and access to classes and networking events at the Media Center.
The Media Center is accepting applications now until November 15, 2017, 11:59 pm EST, and will judge those applications on the following criteria:
- Quality, strength, and novelty of the project
- Evidence that the project has potential to be completed during fellowship
- Feasibility of the project – fulfillment of estimated time frame and expectations
- Professionalism of overall application
- Proof of residency
According to the Made in NY Fellowships application website, projects must meet the following requirements:
- Projects MUST be in the media and technology industries, including but not limited to: animation, augmented reality (AR), documentary filmmaking, gaming, media entrepreneurs and innovation, motion capture (3D interactive), multi-disciplinary, projects across platforms, narrative filmmaking, post-production, or virtual reality (VR).
- Individuals MUST be a New York City resident at time of the award
- Non-profit organizations MUST be a registered 501(c)(3) with principal place of business in New York
- Companies MUST have principal place of business in New York City
- The majority of the project or company team MUST be New York City-based
- All fellows are required to adhere to a contract during the grant cycle with the Made in NY Media Center by IFP, which outlines the terms of their fellowship. Please note that the Media Center will include provisions that allow for cancellation of the fellowship for non-compliance
- All fellows must print the following credit line in all programs or printed materials describing the funded project: "This project (_insert name_) is incubating in the Made in NY Media Center by IFP"
- All fellows must submit a final report no later than 30 days after completion of the fellowship
To learn more about the Made in NY Fellowships and to apply, be sure to visit the Made in New York Media Center by IFP website.