No Film School's Greatest Piece of Original Content Ever & A New Cut of 'The Shining'? [PODCAST]
After this episode of Indie Film Weekly nothing will be the same.
Jon Fusco and Erik Luers are back from SXSW while Liz Nord has mysteriously disappeared, so get ready for a testosterone-fueled recap of the week's best news from the entertainment world! The resident men of the publication discuss the impact of what could be No Film's Greatest piece of original content ever, an intriguing new cut of Stanley Kubrick's classic The Shining, and how The Weinstein's Company bankruptcy could make things even worse for Harvey's victims.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including what could be a less expensive new alternative to the Alexa LF. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about the best way to find clean, high quality archival footage for your documentaries.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- The Film I Kickstarted Back in 2011 is Finally Here: Watch Netflix’s Timely Trailer for 'AMATEUR'
- From Enthusiasm Comes Magic: 'The Field Guide to Evil' Binds Dark Folklore from Across the World
- SXSW 2018: Everything You're Missing at the Wildest Festival of Film, TV, Music, and More
- Why SXSW is More than Just a Film Festival [PODCAST
- Field Test: Control a Tight Bright Spot with the New Fiilex Q8
- Affordable 6K is Coming Courtesy of Kinefinity
- Syrp Bulks Up with Magic Carpet Pro for Smooth Camera Moves on Bigger Cameras
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Austin Film Festival Screenwriting Contest - March 30 (Early), April 20 (Regular)