This episode of Indie Film Weekly breaks down the dopest festies on the block.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers and Charles Haine are here this week to help you identify a few dozen film festivals that need to be on your radar, go bananas over just how many billions of dollars Netflix is spending in 2018 and Nicolas Winding Refn's shocking accusation about the film industry. In gear news, we get serious about some security measures you could take to ensure the protection of your projects. This week on Ask No Film School we answer whether you should be using a blue, green, or even a red screen to accomplish digital effects in your film.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 'Master of Light', DP Robby Müller, Passes Away at 78
- RIP Claude Lanzmann, Director of Genre-Defining ‘SHOAH’
- Rian Johnson of ‘The Last Jedi’ Shares ‘The Only Advice That Matters’ for Aspiring Directors
- What You Can Do in Distribution to Maximize the Life of Your Film
- Watch: Why 'Mission: Impossible' is a Director's Dream Franchise Come True
- Don't Wait for Somebody to Make Your Movie, Do it Yourself: The Award Winning Mantra Behind 'Thunder Road'
- Frame.io Ups Its Security Game to Make Sure Your Footage is Protected
- Edit Share QScan
- Media Composer Users: Kyno is Coming For You
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Bucheon International Animation Festival - July 15
- New Hampshire Film Festival - July 15
- Doc NYC - July 16