Adding video into your creative toolset is a must if you want to be socially relevant in today’s marketplace, and Adobe wants to help you learn.
We love to share resources here at No Film School, especially if they are free. This year's Adobe MAX event is exactly that, free, and is also being held virtually, so anyone can attend from anywhere!
Their lineup of speakers is truly incredible and includes people like Chloé Zhao, Kenan Thompson, Bryan Cranston, and many more creators and artists. You can gain new skills, perspectives, and ideas from these talented session leaders and luminary speakers.
It's also a huge learning opportunity. Both experienced and aspiring editors, motion designers, and animators can benefit from the video track at Adobe MAX 2021. Develop the skills you need for editing video, designing motion graphics, creating animations, and much more.
Check out some of the event offerings below!
Who you’ll meet
Featured sessions in the Video Track
Josh Olufemii, YouTube Creator and Premiere Pro Trainer
Have fun learning Premiere Pro while YouTube Creator and Premiere Pro trainer Josh Olufemii takes you through an actual project from start to finish. This fast-paced lab will teach you Premiere Pro basics so that you can leave empowered to create your own videos. You’ll also gain an understanding of the Premiere Pro interface and video editing terminology. Attend this lab to kick-start your Premiere Pro editing journey.
In this lab you will learn how to:
- Import and organize your footage
- Edit your footage including simple color correction
- Sync audio
- Apply simple graphic elements
- Export your project in the formats needed
Nol Honig, Designer and Director, The Drawing Room
Dive into After Effects—it’s not that scary! In this beginner lab led by award-winning teacher Nol Honig, you will explore the fundamentals of motion design and learn basic After Effects tips and techniques to get you going on your own. Starting with an Illustrator drawing, you will be taken through every step of a simple motion design project—from setting keyframes all the way through rendering.
As Nol sets up and animates a simple scene, you will learn:
- The After Effects interface
- How to import layered artwork into After Effects
- Animation best practices and shortcuts
- Animation techniques to add sophistication to your work
Valentina Vee, Director and Video Trainer
In the crowded creator economy, it’s hard to stand out. One way to ensure your followers recognize you across all your social media channels is to have a consistent theme, look, and mood throughout—while still understanding what type of content is best for each platform and audience. Join director, cinematographer, and editor Valentina Vee and learn how to use the built-in features of Premiere Pro to customize the look and feel of your content so that no matter where you post your videos, they are always uniquely yours.
Join this follow-along lab to learn how to:
- Create a consistent color palette
- Customize graphics templates
- Import your own logo
- Create assets like intros and lower third graphics
- Scale with different frame sizes for different social networks
Kyle Hamrick, Senior Motion Designer, School of Motion
Adding motion design into video projects is becoming more critical every day. Join veteran multimedia professional Kyle Hamrick to learn basic motion design techniques in Premiere Pro and After Effects that you’ll put to instant use. You’ll also learn how to efficiently work between Premiere Pro and After Effects.
This session will cover:
- Animating elements in Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Using customizable Motion Graphics templates to easily apply intros, lower thirds, outros and more
- Tracking elements into your shots to add interest to a clip
- Isolating or removing unwanted objects in footage
- Compositing multiple scenes together in After Effects
Luisa Winters, Adobe Certified Instructor, Mid-Atlantic Drones, LLC
Learn how to animate your graphics for Social Media delivery—using Creative Cloud apps that you already have. Join After Effects expert and veteran educator, Luisa Winters in this follow-along lab where you’ll explore how to animate and efficiently deliver your work for social media. See how you can design once and then deliver for multiple platforms correctly, with the dimensions that work best for each delivery venue.
As Luisa guides you through creating and delivering your animations, you’ll learn:
- How After Effects works
- How to create a simple animation by starting with Photoshop and Illustrator
- What works (and what doesn’t) for Social Media
- Foolproof methods for exporting your work for social media
Register for the free, virtual Adobe MAX 2021 (October 26-28) to unlock new ideas and grow your skillset alongside a community of like-minded creatives.