September 19, 2014 at 5:13PM
Reading Lists - What books have helped or inspired you?
Here are some books that helped me make my first feature (and a couple that will hopefully help guide me into making it as successful as possible).
The Reel Truth - Reed Harris
Moviemaker's Master Class - Laurent Tirard
- Wonderful book!
From Reel to Deal - Dov S-S Simens
Finding the Core of Your Story - Jordan Smith
- How to write a logline. I wish I read this before I began, not during.
Any and all of the Screenwriting Blue Books - William C. Martell
- these books are filled with useful info, tips and inspiration.
The Plot Whisperer - Martha Elderson
Complete Filmmaker's Guide to Festivals - Rona Edwards and Monika Skerbelis
The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook - Mark Steven Bosko
The Now Habit - Neil Fiore
- If you have a problem with procrastination in any way, get this book.
- I would have never gotten close to completing my film without it.
The Score: - Michael Schelle
- very similar to how Moviemaker's Master Class is written, but with composers.
Hopefully I got all of the author's names correct, but I did phone it in.
(This site was a big plus as well. Thanks fella's;)
Please share your lists below. (I'd like to see some more exhaustive lists on specific aspects of filmmaking, as I can always use some good inspiration.)