Boards > Discussions
Start a Discussion
Hi! I'm thinking of buying second hand lens, as my budget wouldn't really allow me to buy new ones. What black flags should I be on the look out for?
I think you mean "red flags".
- Look for any marks or scratches on any part of the lens.
- Make sure the focus is smooth.
- Make sure the aperture control works properly, and that there is no oil on the aperture blades.
- Check to make sure that the lens will focus properly at infinity.
- Bring along a camera body with a memory card to shoot some test shots, to make sure that everything works.
March 18, 2015 at 6:14AM