October 26, 2015 at 10:05AM, Edited October 26, 10:11AM
Which camera should I buy? Sorry for this unoriginal question.
Hi, I know this is a frequent question often asked by members of NFS, but i really need your opinions and help on this one. First things first, I'm intending on buying a new camera, I have £3,135 to 'play' with. I'd like to spend it on: camera, lens(es), field monitor(optional) and cage(optional). I have some options that I will soon get to, but i just need to provide you wonderful people with some more information.
1. I have a Canon 650D/T4i which I am thinking of selling.
2. Even if I don't I will still be buying another camera. I'm sure it would make a good B- camera but I'm a solo guy, who only needs one camera.
3. Films: Short films, mostly b-roll type edits, no documentaries (at least not yet).
4. I don't do freelance/film is not my job, I am still at school. But I am very skilled with a camera.
5. I would like a camera that is fairly good in low light ( essentially anything better than GH4 in low-light)
5. No 4K
Camera Options: to spend - £3,135
1. Sony A7S, Metabones, Canon 24-105 F4, Tilta Cage/movcam (not sure which is best in terms of cages) + Newmowa FW50 Battery (2 pack) & Dual USB Charger ( A7S battery is terrible)
2. Canon C100, Canon 24-105 F4
3. Sony FS700R with kit ( found cheap at SLRHUT.COM)
4. Canon 5DM3 + Field monitor
Which should I go for? Im asking this community due to the wide range of experience you have to offer.