On the heels of Adobe inadvertently confirming the EOS R5 will most likely have Canon Cinema RAW Light, DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3. receives faster Apple Metal decoding for EOS R5 and EOS 1D X Mark III clips. This all but confirms that the EOS R5 will have recording capabilities similar to the EOS-1D X Mark III, plus the added benefit of high resolution 4:2:2 10-bit internal recording.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3 uses Apple Metal to improve playback performance of clips that will make editing Canon footage much faster. When working in HDR, this latest update adds support for version 4.1 of the Dolby Vision CM algorithm. It also gives you access to the latest version of DolbyVision along with backward compatibility for generating v2.9 trims and exporting v2.9 XML from a new project.
Additionally, Blackmagic Design says the update not only improves playback performance and reliability of ARRIRAW clips, but also ACES IDTs with ARRI MXF clips, making color management more accurate. It also supports the latest update of RED SDK 7.3.2, which is dedicated to better GPU decoding for the RED Komodo.
Fairlight also receives an update with improved rippling audio in trim mode and addresses layering issues with cloned audio clips, among other fixes. The full list of updates is below.
DaVinci Resolve 16.2.3
- Support for Dolby Vision 4.1 CM algorithm to generate v2.9 trims from v4.
- Option to export a Dolby Vision v2.9 XML from a v4 project.
- Support for RED SDK 7.3.2.
- Faster Metal decoding for Canon EOS-1D X Mark III and EOS R5 clips.
- Addressed incorrect playback for some ARRIRAW clips.
- Addressed an issue with ACES IDTs for some ARRI MXF clips.
- Addressed a focus and text entry issue for editable media pool fields.
- Addressed an issue rippling audio extend edits in trim mode.
- Addressed display issues with track and edit index in Fairlight page.
- Addressed a layered editing issue when cloning audio clips.
- Addressed incorrect behavior moving tracks over linked audio tracks.
- Addressed incorrect masking in Text+ when using image shading.
- Addressed incorrect behavior deleting gradient points in inspector.
- Addressed multiple issues with blank Fusion previews.
- Addressed an issue persisting viewer LUTs with comps in Fusion page.
- Addressed an issue with offline reference wipe sizing in the viewer.
- Multiple performance and stability improvements.
To download the latest version of DaVinci Resolve, visit the support page.
Source: Blackmagic Design