Is there even a ladder to climb in the film industry?
In this episode, we talk about...
- Whether or not Hollywood has a career ladder, whether the way the system currently works makes it impossible to move up in the industry, and who is trying to change the system.
- How frustrating it is that when you want to make a slight career change, it’s hard to make lateral transitions without starting at the very bottom.
- How opportunities in the industry are still limited to mostly serve people of a certain class, a certain race, and a certain gender.
- The fact that there is an expectation for people to spend their twenties working overtime at the poverty level just to move up in their career.
- Why there should be more mentorship opportunities in the film industry.
- Blender, a free tool for model-building from Adobe!
- Whether or not to form an LLC.
Links to Resources:
- Listen to recent episodes for great interviews with M. Night Shyamalan and Tom McCarthy (Stillwater).
Ask us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!