There are multiple filmmakers on the podcast today who have lots of mic-drop moments about these two new releases.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How M. Night Shyamalan’s movie Old is one of those rare films that can completely change your perspective on life and make you appreciate every moment.
- How Shyamalan worked with his cast to hone in on what was a difficult piece to capture for actors.
- How Shyamalan decides what information to give the audience (and when) for his thrillers.
- The ways humans have a dysfunctional relationship with time, how the movie plays with it, and how the timing with the pandemic made the movie’s message even more powerful.
- Why Shyamalan always wants to shoot 35, the challenges it presents, and why he insisted on it for Old.
- The career journey for PIG’s filmmakers, who are making their feature film debut!
- Nicholas Cage, how he ended up on the project, and what he was like to work with on set.
- The importance of tenacity for new filmmakers trying to get a film produced—sometimes you have to force it through.
- More advice for new filmmakers from this team fresh off their first feature!
- How they chose their gear for filming PIG.
Links to Resources:
Check-Out: Cine Lenses – Most popular Lens Deals this week
With any & every B&H purchase You will automatically be entered into the Monthly Gift Card Raffle.
You Might Also Like
Movies & TV
How Melissa McCarthy Took a Stand Against a “Toxic” Set That Left Her and the Crew “Weeping”