Josh Gordon and Will Speck are the directors behind the film Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile. This duo explains the complex process of adapting a beloved children’s book for the big screen.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Gordon and Speck first met and what inspired them to direct projects together
- Dividing the directing responsibilities between them
- Their unique approach to producing such a complex film
- Why they chose to adapt this particular story into a performance-based musical
- How they convinced the IP owners to give them permission for the project
- Honoring the artwork from the book in the making of the film
Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile is in theaters!
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.