Huge Update to HitFilm Pro Brings You Popular After Effects Plugins.
FXhome is launching support for choice After Effects plug-ins from Video Copilot and Red Giant.
Some of the most sought after plug-ins are now available to HitFilm 14 users. These new additions are among the most requested and FXhome maintains that the rollout of support for more is coming.
Here is what you'll be getting with this update:
From Red Giant
- Trapcode Particular - create organic 3D particle effects and complex motion graphics elements
From Video Copilot
- Element 3D - import and animate realistic 3D models
- Optical Flares - create customizable, realistic lens flares
- Saber - create high energy beams, neon lights, and other similar effects
- Orb - create 3D spheres and planets
- Heat Distortion - simulate realistic heat waves and mirage effects
HitFilm 14 is also boasting what they call "VFX workflow enhancements." Here is how they're breaking that down:
- Video Textures for 3D Models: Enables creators to use a video layer as a texture on their 3D model to add animated bullet holes, cracked glass or changing textures.
- Chromatic Aberration Effect: This feature allows creators to replicate the red, green and blue fringes around edges when light is refracted through a lens.
- Improvements to the Export Process: The Export Queue is now an Export Panel. Users can export from the timeline itself.
- Additional Text Controls: There are now text panel options for All Caps, Small Caps, Subscript and Superscript. Users can also change the character spacing, horizontal or vertical scale, as well as the baseline shift.
- Usability and Workflow Enhancements: FXhome has implemented new changes to the interface in the efforts to further streamline and simplify the workflow.
HitFilm 14 is available now. It's priced at $349.00 for a three-seat professional license which includes 12 months of free upgrades and 12 months of free technical support. However, if you purchase it on November 26th during FXhome's Black Friday Sale, you can get it for $209.
We'll have more on how all of this works once we've played around with it. In the meantime, we're curious as to your thoughts.