I miss my friends. Sometimes, I even miss my enemies. Social distancing has been hard for people all over the globe, but one of Netflix's goodies is a great way to stay engaged with those we're apart from.
It's called Netflix Party and it allows people all over to sync up and watch the same thing together.
That way, you can all be at the same part of the movie and message back and forth.
The extension has been around for a few years giving people a chance to enjoy movies and TV shows together without having to meet up in person. However, in light of recent COVID-19 developments, it's a great idea for quarantines, too.
So how do you do it?
Netflix Party Lets You Watch Movies with Other People
You need to get Google Chrome and a Netflix subscription first. Now let's go through the way this sucker works so you can get watching.
- Go to netflixparty.com on a Google Chrome browser.
- Click "Get Netflix Party for free!" (You will be redirected to Netflix Party's page on the chrome web store.)
- Click "Add to Chrome" and then click "Add extension" in the pop-up window. (Netflix Party will then be added to the top right corner of your Google Chrome browser, next to the address bar. It will have the initials "NP.")
- Make sure your friends and lovers have downloaded Netflix Party onto their Google Chrome browsers as well.
- Using your Google Chrome browser, go to Netflix.com
- Spend a ton of time picking the show or movie you all want to watch.
- Then click the "NP" button on your browser. You'll also have the option of making yourself the one in charge of pausing, fast-forwarding and rewinding by checking the "Only I have control" box. (If you don't, anybody in your party will be able to use these features.)
- Click "Start the Party" and copy the URL that appears.
- Send this URL to the people you want to join your party.
- Once your friends open the link, they should log into Netflix and hit the "NP" button on their Google Chrome browsers.
- You should now be synced up! Enjoy your program.
You can also communicate with each other via group chat on the right side of the screen. Choose a festive user icon and screen name and share all your binge-watching feels through messages, screenshots, emojis, and GIFs.
New to Netflix This Week
Not sure what to watch with your friends and family? Here are the new titles coming out this week.
Sunday, March 15
Monday, March 16
- The Boss Baby: Back in Business: Season 3
- Search Party
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
- The Young Messiah
Tuesday, March 17
- Bert Kreischer: Hey Big Boy
- All American: Season 2
- Black Lightning: Season 3
- Shaun the Sheep: Adventures from Mossy Bottom
Wednesday, March 18
Lu Over the Wall
Thursday, March 19
- Altered Carbon: Resleeved
- Feel Good
Friday, March 20
- A Life of Speed: The Juan Manuel Fangio Story
- Archibald's Next Big Thing: Season 2
- Dino Girl Gauko: Season 2
- Greenhouse Academy: Season 4
- The Letter for the King
- The Platform
- Self Made: Inspired by the Life of Madam C.J. Walker
- Tiger King
What's next? Do the #NFS60 Challenge!
Lights! Camera! Quarantine! We here at No Film School got a challenge for you!
Keep reading to find out what the challenge is and how to do it!
Source: Netflix Party