Today’s episode includes a deep dive into optioning material as a director and/or producer.
In this episode, we talk about...
- The indie side of writer-director relationships.
- What you need in your option agreement from an indie perspective of producing and directing movies.
- The different ways writers approach their work on an indie project versus a commercial project.
- Why it’s a good idea to bring a lawyer onto your project for you.
- How DJI has come out with a new drone.
- Why indie filmmakers should be aware of the drones out on the market and how they can incorporate them into their movies.
- A discussion on drone shots within film.
- A Good Deal/Bad Deal discussion of working on an unpaid proof of concept with the hope (but no guarantee) that you might get paid work on the feature.
- The film industry practice of paying each other with favors.
Links to Resources:
- Please like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Check us out on Instagram
Ask us questions at email@example.com!