Want to be a filmmaker? Then you have to be confident enough to have no confidence in yourself.
This is the advice from Paul Feig, director of The School For Good and Evil, Bridesmaids, and television shows like Freaks and Geeks, The Office, Arrested Development, and Nurse Jackie.
Watch the interview here:
In this episode, we talk about…
- Applying lessons learned from his standup career and acting career
- Having more than enough film to choose from in case certain jokes bomb
- Setting the rules at the beginning of a film
- Remaining consistent with your style throughout the film
- How Feig handles making films for streaming services
- Hooking the audience so they will make a complete journey with the characters
- Why there is no excuse for beginner filmmakers wanting to start their career
Watch The School for Good and Evil now.
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.