Quentin Tarantino's Top 10 Films of 2011 (What Are Yours?)
It’s film awards season (here’s an ongoing scorecard), which also makes it a good time to reflect on your personal favorites from the past year. I wish Netflix would let me sort the films I’ve rated by the date I rated them, which would allow me to provide an easy answer to “seen anything good lately?” Even this very handy script does not allow that. But I have some issues with Netflix, and this post is not about them but about Quentin Tarantino, who recently shared his own personal top 10 movies from 2011:
- 1. Midnight In Paris
- 2. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes
- 3. Moneyball
- 4. The Skin I Live In
- 5. X-Men: First Class
- 6. Young Adult
- 7. Attack The Block
- 8. Red State
- 9. Warrior
- 10. The Artist / Our Idiot Brother (tie)
- 11. The Three Musketeers
Okay, so it was a top twelve, really. I haven’t yet seen all of these, but I would definitely have Contagion, Margin Call, Martha Marcy May Marlene, and Beginners in my own personal top 10. What about you?
[Tarantino photo by Siebbi]
- Eclectic Method's 'Tarantino Mixtape'
- Five Quick Lessons from Whitewater Films' 2011 Roundtable
- Sundance Announces Award-Winners; More Films Acquired at This Year's Festival Than Ever Before?