August 20, 2014

A Smartphone Camera Beats the Canon 5D Mark III in This Video Comparison

The Canon 5D Mark III was never the sharpest camera in DSLR land, but it did improve on many of the image issues of the previous Mark II. Now over two years old, it's to be expected that newer cameras like the Panasonic GH4 and the Sony a7S would be steps up in image quality, but what about a smartphone camera? The Chinese OnePlus One smartphone, which uses a Sony sensor to shoot 4K video, is sharper than the Canon 5D Mark III when both are shown at 1080p.

While comparing 4K to 1080p would be a little unfair, the footage from the OnePlus One has been scaled down to 1080p, and while that also may seem unfair, the Sony a7S has shown that there's no reason a DSLR or mirrorless camera can't get sharp 1080p footage compared to 4K-downscaled footage. We should also get this out of the way: resolution/sharpness isn't everything, these are very different cameras, the Mark III has a bigger sensor with interchangeable lenses and more controllable depth of field, and has much better quality with the Magic Lantern RAW Video hack.

With that said, here's the comparison from Giacomo Mantovani, who sent this over to us. [Update] The Mark III was using the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8, which was around f/10 most of the time. Also, the 300% crop of the OnePlus is from the 4K file, so it has more resolution from the start and is not really an apples to apples comparison at that frame size. The non-cropped frames, however, are both at 1080p:

The sole aim of this test is to compare how the OnePlus One performs in respect to the Canon 5D Mark III in a ideal light condition. In this case I am pleased to notice that the OPO is the clear winner, but no doubts that the Canon 5D Mark III is still the best option for filmmakers, for all the many reasons that make a DSLR what it is. It is though interesting to notice that, in terms of dynamic range, the OPO performed incredibly well compared with the 5D, and I can tell you that with a similar exposure, there is almost no difference between the two.

I wouldn’t ever use a phone for professional shooting, but for sure this is an incredible device for all filmmakers that want to be able to shoot something great on the go, when they don’t have their professional equipment in the bag.

Here are some images from the OnePlus One in 4K:

In low light:

It also does 120fps at 720p:

Here's another look at the smartphone, which supports both UHD and 4K DCI:

This looks like real resolution, not just increased sharpness, and part of that has to do with downscaling from 4K to 1080p, and the other part has to do with how the 5D Mark III combines pixels in video mode to get from its over-5K sensor down to HD. Other cameras, like the a7S, are actually scaling down from the full resolution, and have better internal processing for video, so the quality is naturally higher.

Dynamic range and color are different conversations altogether, though it looks like the OnePlus One actually does a decent job holding up with its excellent Sony Exmor IMX214 sensor. Cameras are a mix of hardware and software components, and getting them all right is the key to a great image. While there are other cameras in the Canon lineup that would likely produce far superior images, the idea is not to say how soft the Canon looks, but to show just how far smartphone and small sensors have come in the last few years.

When our smartphones are producing such terrific imagery, there is no reason more expensive cameras shouldn't be able to keep up. I expect Canon to have much sharper DSLRs in the future as they improve their tech, and as they see that other companies have no problem releasing great, cheap cameras that complement their higher-end cinema cameras.

For more videos and information, head on over to Giacomo's site. Check out the OnePlus One site for how you can get the phone (by invite only right now), which runs the Android CyanogenMod.

Links:

ok - who's going to pitch clients about shooting with OnePlus One camera? (if you ever manage to get ahold of one)

August 20, 2014 at 9:43PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Heri, bro, I think one pitches the clients with one's reel not with the equipment.

August 20, 2014 at 9:46PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Firef1y

@heri - equipment has nothing to do with filmmaking ability. Take a look at the commercial made for Bentley using iPhones. Great piece.

August 20, 2014 at 10:03PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Devin

Exactly. I've never yet had a client that asked me what camera or equipment I use, just the work I've done. Unless it's a fellow videographer/filmmaker/etc., no one is really asking that...

August 20, 2014 at 10:24PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Franco

Not so true if you're working with a big ad agency. Just did a 6 day shoot and they wanted to know what cam was being used pretty much the day the job was awarded..

August 20, 2014 at 11:20PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Chris H

I can see how other businesses would base their hire on specs, brands, name or whatever to ensure only the finest, but for the most part in general work (at least that I do), demo reels speak for itself. It's not to say it's an excuse for shooting with a potato, it just hardly seems to come up. We're in a generation where technology has blurred the line between consumer and professional equipment, and many more companies are allowing more leeway for what they want shot.

August 21, 2014 at 3:49AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Franco

Usually the only reason they do that, is because they "heard" a certain camera is the norm or reference. Or commercial X or Y was shot with a Canon 5D/Red/Alexa/..., so they believe it has to be THAT camera.

August 21, 2014 at 10:48AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Hi. I work with big agencies and clients all the time and I am always asked (90% of the time) to use an Arri Alexa or a Red. I totally disagree with this as I have excellent results with smaller cameras to a point they can´t even say which camera was used. But this is what the customer wants and pays. I also have huge clients to which I intercut many shots with iphone and they were quite pleased with it. There is a complex with camera sizes and prices but I am here to keep my clients not to argue with them...

August 23, 2014 at 7:45AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Augusto Alves d...

Right on.

August 21, 2014 at 11:41PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Jerry

You know, this is like the first airplanes -- one can criticize all they want -- but these things will have a bright future that changes the way we film. And like the airplanes replaced the ship and train industries in a lot of respects the traditional camera companies stand a lot to lose until they wake up and revisit how they segment the market. I mean an entry level DSRL should beat this phone right out of the gate, and yet this lil tang knocks Canon's Rebel line into KO.

To be fair... I've noticed the article's disclaimer "Dynamic range and color are different conversations altogether" right after I saw how blown out the highlights are, but that's not the point. The camera-makers should wake up that they have only lenses to compete on and the storage/recording cause if this lil 'tang pulls a 120/720 there is no reason why the Canon DSLRs should not.

Amirite???

August 20, 2014 at 9:44PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Firef1y

MK III is nearing the end of its product cycle. Nowadays, there are $900 bridge cameras that can shoot 4K and there are allegedly a ton more of sub-$1,000 4K products on the horizon. Canon will obviously respond at some point ... meanwhile, GH4 and A7s are stealing a lot of thunder from MK III and 1D C.
Of course, Canon's deliberate pace of unveiling its new photo-video designs can be explained by the company's overall diversification onto other lines. What's Nikon's excuse?

August 21, 2014 at 3:28AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

DLD

Any idea what lens was used on the mIII?

August 20, 2014 at 9:49PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Amanda McGrady

He says the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8, but I'll try to find out what f-stop for most of it, in case diffraction was really limiting the Mark III, though as we've seen, the Mark III beats itself rather amazingly when it's shooting RAW video.

August 20, 2014 at 10:30PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Joe Marine
Camera Department

Thanks Joe for the nice article. Yes I confirm, the camera was set to Aperture-priority, where the aperture was set to 10. With regards to the crop, yes it was 4K downscaled to HD. But as you wrote, there is no reason why a good HD camera couldn’t be compared with a downscaled 4K footage. One of the 5D major issues has always been its softness, I don't agree with those who say "just add a bit of sharpness in post and it will be great", that's not how a professional camera should perform. But there are no problems, we are talking about video camera, but a photographic camera, which also shoot nice videos. Canon should really consider that professionals are expecting much more, especially in a age where technology evolves so quickly. It’s really just about that. The 5D is already an obsolete solution for filmming works, when already many fellow professionals provide 4K to their clients.

August 21, 2014 at 4:39AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Could not agree more! Canon run the risk of being left behind... reputation is only as good as what the competition is doing, sooner or later the goodwill Canon enjoys will run out if others keep producing better products that cost considerably less!

August 22, 2014 at 3:07AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Interesting. Watch the video again and take a look at the highlights.

August 20, 2014 at 10:14PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Danny

No Film School is going down? Come on.

August 20, 2014 at 10:27PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Javier

You do what you have to, to keep the site running, I suppose.

August 20, 2014 at 10:27PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dan

This is what's wrong with these blogs, it drives me crazy... When you boil it down they are comparing a 4K camera to a 1080 camera. It has more resolution so it would make sense that it would have more clarity, especially when zoomed in to 300%. So thankfully this test has proven that the a 4K camera really does have 4x the resolution of a camera shooting 1080. If you look at the non cropped 5D footage and compare it to the 4K cropped footage they are very similar... because at that point they are almost the same resolution.

August 20, 2014 at 10:27PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

CW-

Both cameras were compared at 1080p, and the 300% zoom was at 1080p. If the downscaling method used by Canon in the Mark III was better, they would look a lot closer, probably indistinguishable. If you put a C300 up there against the phone, it wouldn't be much of a contest.

August 20, 2014 at 10:34PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Joe Marine
Camera Department

Where in the comparison does it indicate that? It states in the opening slide "Simply, the original footage straight out of the cameras". So now you are telling me I can't even trust that... what has this world come to.

August 20, 2014 at 10:56PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

CW-

You could be right, he seemed to indicate in the comments that the blowup was at 1080 so I'll try to confirm, but either way, the non-crop images are 1080p comparisons only.

August 20, 2014 at 11:03PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Joe Marine
Camera Department

The footage posted is at 1080, but that doesn't mean the blowup was from downscaled 4K footage... It just means the comparison was posted to youtube at 1080.

August 20, 2014 at 11:18PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

CW-

I think people are missing the point, i would not pick either camera unless (hacked canon) but the fact that a tiny sensor camera phone even competes with a full frame DSLR changeble lens camera using a decent 2.8 lens is a damnnn shame.

I'm also hearing nothiing exciting about the new canon 7d replacement coming.

Canon is behind in the camera stills game and also in video.

August 20, 2014 at 11:17PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Cjay

Maybe on the blogs they are, but I am seeing tons of doc shooters using Canon. So to the people using cameras to make a living Canon seems to be doing just fine.

August 20, 2014 at 11:35PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

CW-

"Canon in my opinion is turning into the PALM PILOT of camera systems due to fault of their own"

Oh please, don't be so dramatic. Canon is doing just fine, considering every 9 out of 10 shooter I know (and I know quite a few) are using 5D's and have huge collections of Canon glass (where the actual money is). And this is coming from me, a Nikon shooter.

August 21, 2014 at 12:03PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Ron I

….you meant unprofessional shooters?

I never count dslr shooter as a professional.

August 21, 2014 at 12:45PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

minu

I have shoot with both c300 and fs700 with Odyssey 7q.

………

C300 TOTALLY SUCKED INTERMS OF SHARPNESS.

HD is HD, no matter what, it can't beat 4k.

WHY?

COMPARING SD AND HD CAN'T YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCES?

August 21, 2014 at 12:48PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

minu

Actually a 4K camera only has roughly 2X the resolution of HD but I agree with you.

August 21, 2014 at 3:51AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dallis Swiatek

A 1080 sensor is roughly 2mp and a 4K sensor is roughly 8mp, it is about 4X the resolution. On format of 4K is called QuadHD. But thank you for agreeing with me.

August 21, 2014 at 7:53AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

CW-

Resolution is linear, (as in lp/mm or dpi) thus 2x,.
And 2x in each direction is 4x in area. therefore 8MB vs 2MB.
This is a function of area.

August 21, 2014 at 8:04PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Willie

Whoops, my bad. I assumed that 4K was simply double 2K. I am part of the "I don't give a dam about 4K" club. But still good to know.

August 22, 2014 at 12:10AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dallis Swiatek

…..Jesus…. please study

August 21, 2014 at 12:42PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

minu

August 23, 2014 at 7:49AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Augusto Alves d...

Even at such a slow movement, I noticed flickers in most of the shots and jello effects at the slightest jerk in some of them. None of the shots are in fast motion because you will then see more jerking movements and the flow will not be as smooth from my experience with smartphone video shoots. Night shots were terrible. While it'll be good for every day consumers, it doesn't work very well as a professional camera even at 4K in comparison to a camera like the Canon 5D Mark III, Panasonic GH4 and the Sony a7S.

August 20, 2014 at 11:44PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Blown out highlights for days, on the phone...high resolution is a gimmick to get people to buy consumer products. I have spoken to people who think their phone shoots better pictures than a DSLR or other well built consumer cameras because it has a higher megapixel count. What they don't look at is color depth, dynamic range, and color science. It's great that phones have come so far in their technology, but by no means should they replace cameras that were meant for photography.

August 21, 2014 at 12:00AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Adam

Here here!

August 21, 2014 at 3:47AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dallis Swiatek

These troll videos are hilarious. Love 'em.

August 21, 2014 at 2:53AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

peterpan

To say that this camera "beats" the 5D Mark 3 is misleading to the point of selling snake oil. Marketing the One+1 as a alternative cure-all to professional tools, in my opinion, is taking advantage your consumers ignorance. The One+1's camera is good (for a cell phone) I will give you that, but it hardly "beats" the 5D Mark 3. If we discount the Canon's ability to produce 14 bit RAW video with free the magic lantern add on and just go on a comparison of .H264, the One+1 falls very short. It has stair-casing, aliasing, lower dynamic range and horrible magenta fringing. There is no ability to change lenses so any zoom, I presume, will be digital (not optical) and therefore crush that precious 4K resolution. Since we are onto 4K how is a cellphone supposed to keep up with the bit-rate of such a high quality image? It doesn't. When the camera is locked off with non moving subjects it looks fine enough but as soon as you move the camera or introduce a high subject movement (like tree leaves blowing in the wind) you witness gross artifacting. 120FPS you say? AWESOME, if it didn't mean jumping down to 720p. Well that's not fair, I guess 720 is still HD, it's not so bad. Wait what is up with those horizontal lines? there is more staircasing than those old PC games like DOOM. Does anyone else see that? It's like they took out every odd row of pixels and just squished the rest together hoping we wouldn't notice. What else do you expect. There is no way a cell phone can write the minimal 50Mbps onto a micro SD card. Furthermore, the image may be sharp as hell but whenever something moves it looks like jello. These tests also failed to demonstrate its resistance to rolling shutter with those 13MP. My hopes are not high.

Why is there such a big push for more pixels in the consumer market anyway? Bigger isn't always better. Most TV's and monitors in homes today can't even play 4K. If they do, you need to stand with your nose to the screen to see the difference. The human eye isn't that fine. Why can't technology move towards higher bit depth and better chroma sampling? 14 stops of dynamic range. No blown highlights ever again! That would be impressive.

The Canon 5D III may look soft in comparison but it sharpens very well in post with a simple unsharp mask. It is a fine trade off for it's ability to avoid moire, aliasing and staircasing.

Please people! Quality over quantity. If you want a professional camera don't be tempted by the number of pixels. Rather, look at how good the image is as a whole. If you want to shoot a feature film don't take short cut's. Use the proper tools.

The Canon 5D Mark 3 beats the One+1, OBVIOUSLY!

August 21, 2014 at 3:47AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dallis Swiatek

I would never in a million years suggest someone shoot anything legitimate on a cell phone if given any sort of choice. It's just an interesting test to see what a dirt-cheap smartphone can do against a real camera.

August 21, 2014 at 3:54AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Joe Marine
Camera Department

Exactly, as well as I wouldn’t ever use a phone for professional shooting! But for sure this is an incredible device for all filmmakers that want to be able to shoot something great on the go, when they don’t have their professional equipment in the bag.

August 21, 2014 at 4:41AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

"Beats the 5D mark 3" is fighting word's. That's all I'm saying.

August 22, 2014 at 12:03AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dallis Swiatek

Why Joe? I things aesthetics should be taken into account. And if my idea is to give the film a look like the phone one?

August 23, 2014 at 7:52AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Augusto Alves d...

……you sound like 5D can beat the shit out of 4K cameras like RED, FS700, F55, ETC.

720 120 fps is bad? I don't think so.

5D can't even shoot 60 fps. that's so screwed.

August 21, 2014 at 12:41PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

minu

Magic Lantern. 14bit 4:4:4. For the price it Kicks ass! The 120FPS would be good if it didn't have horrendous stair-casing. I would trade slow motion or 4K for more color information and better dynamic range any day.

August 22, 2014 at 12:06AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Dallis Swiatek

There are no Android apps to let you film 24p (AFAIK), or lock exposure. There is no Filmic Pro equivalent for Android that comes close. I looked at the Galaxy 5S but it wasn't worth getting over an iPhone due to lack of essential software.

August 21, 2014 at 7:51AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Boise

Don't forget that when shooting on the oneplus one in 4K DCI that you will get so many "framedrops" that it's practically unusable, try it and you will see. I drops frames like fuckin hell !!! :(((

August 21, 2014 at 9:53AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Ivan

Good evening everyone.

This would be the second article I`ve read today about this "showdown". Many comments pointed out various technical aspects (resolution, depth of field, 4k, 1080p, highlights, etc, etc) . Also referred the iPhone used for the Bentley commercial (a very well done publicity stunt).
I understand why Giacomo Mantovani made this video. It is very useful and I commend him for what he has done.

My fellow readers, please shoot with whatever you want and stop comparing a darn phone with a semi-pro camera (be it for photography or video or both). In this case at least it`s ridiculous.

My plea goes also to the other endless discussions regarding the "battle" where The Red Dragon is taking on Alexa, the GH4 stands tall against a7s (or viceversa) and Mark III (Magically Lanterned) is trailing behind. And F65 is doing something. And not to forget the Blackmagic line. Or whatever.

Discussions like these (not limited to this website) have become the reason for some people to show off how much they`ve spent reading the specs. And then to draw the same old conclusion: no camera can cover any job..

It is not my intention to make any comparison between the above mentioned cameras. They were designed as good as their designers` abilities and business development objectives.

Apropos, I own a Mark II.

I bid you good evening.

Virgil

August 21, 2014 at 11:44AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

virgil georgescu

Hey, it's way easier to spend time on forums arguing about cameras than it is to ACTUALLY SHOOT!

August 21, 2014 at 12:06PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Ron I

hmm…

if you were asking for work with DSLR as a professional, why wouldn't you use just SMART PHONE?

To me, no matter how goo you are, if you visit me for interviewing a job with DSLR, you are just ammeter.

DSLR can't be a main cam for professional use.

On the other hand, Smart phone shoots nice quality video could be really handy, when you didn't bring your 14lb cam.

I never liked CANONs, I can't understand why many people worship that piece of trash look. - SHITTY DYNAMIC RANGE, UGLY SHARPNESS, WIERD UNREALISTIC MAGENTA LOOK.

August 21, 2014 at 12:32PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

minu

Also,

one of the comment up there says, 5d could shoot 14 bit raw shoot? So what? it's HD!!!!

Have you ever recognize between SD and HD?

Look, UHD precision is way way better than HD no matter what.

Plus, magic lantern is a hacking tool, not the ability that CANON recommend you.

There are reasons that real professional never use canon dslr. Please aware of them and don't worship the one that you can't beat.

August 21, 2014 at 12:37PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

minu

You make absolutely no sense. Gale Tattersall, ASC; Shane Hurlbut, ASC; Tim Palmer, BSC; John Seal, ASC and many others have used the 5D.

August 22, 2014 at 11:30AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Anonymous

Yes, the 5D image is terrible. /sarcasm

August 22, 2014 at 11:32AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Anonymous

crap article, crap review, crap annalists.... long time reader, never giving a negative comment

August 21, 2014 at 1:53PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Mike

Seriously, if you guys want to improve the website with the redesign, this type of blog post is the first thing that needs to go.

August 21, 2014 at 2:16PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

cpreston

Someone is going to shoot a feature on that phone without telling anyone, wait for the critics to praise it, then blow them out of the water with the revelation.

August 21, 2014 at 3:28PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Jerry

dont tempt me!

August 22, 2014 at 8:34PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

shaun wilson

What's the max bitrate in 4k and can it do 60/50fps in 4k? Has anybody modified it to do more?

Can't wait for a Nvidia K1 phone from them with 4kp50/60 at 100mb/s (or 200mb/s).

Thanks.

August 22, 2014 at 4:14AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Wayne Morellini

I've owned - and sold - two OnePlus One phones in the last month. Both had the issue with "yellow banding" at the bottom of the screen that weren't fixed by any amount of UV light or sunlight exposure over a couple weeks. Also, the speakers were horrible, but the real nail in the coffin was issues with the multi-touch.

Held in the hand, the multi-touch worked great. It's "grounded" in your hand. Placed on a table (or perhaps in a holder on a tripod) and the multi-touch consistently "shorted", meaning that if you're trying to pinch-zoom, etc, the phone registers touches all over the screen. This also often caused the phone suddenly go into a schizophrenic mode in which the items on your screen are randomly twitching all over the place, launching apps you haven't touch, etc, even when you're not touching the screen. I would just have to wait for it to stop doing that as no amount of touching or turning off/on helped.

These videos from the phone look great and maybe the issues I experienced (and others if you read their forums) can be solved by software updates, or maybe they're hardware defects. I really wanted to support a start-up and stick it to Samsung and Apple, but in the end I felt the phone was too glitchy to use.

The best part of the phone is I sold each one at a profit since they're such geek status symbols. And, no, I have no invites to share. ;)

So I have to give the OnePlus One a buyer beware warning, sorry.

August 22, 2014 at 5:43AM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Rob

5D has an edge in dynamic range. Look at the clouds, it's apparent.

August 22, 2014 at 5:24PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Natt

There is art to creating effective visual media. Up until the digital
revolution the process was expensive, cumbersome, tedious,
and slow. When I entered the business around 1968, it had
been a mature industry for about 40 years. When we switched
from standup Movieolas to flatbed editing machines we thought
we'd died and gone to heaven. Making the tools for movie making
easier to use and more accessible has put this story-telling art
form in the hands of artists with stories to tell. I am happy to see
the revolution continuing.

August 22, 2014 at 6:24PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Charles O. Slavens

Now there is just the problem of getting the phone

August 23, 2014 at 12:41PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM

Felix

Looks great, but how does it do with phone calls??

September 8, 2014 at 5:44PM, Edited September 8, 5:44PM

Saw the One Plus in a casual bar conversation the other day. It seems to have fast lens with excellent glass. Why don't you send me an invitation to buy? ;)
I have hacked 5DMkIII and using a tamron at f10 is not going to be the best comparison! Use the L series f2.8 equivalent lens and see if you get the same results. I would be curious to know full tech specs on one plus. Could not find bit depth documented, but believe it has a very high data rate for the codec. The codec on the Canon h.264 is laughable. So comparison with hacked ML converted to ProRes 422 would be a fairer comparison. Also I would like to see a moire test on the one plus. No matter how good the glass smaller sensor will have more issues with that.
And actually you could film a movie on the one plus. That has been done with iPhone and this is much nicer.
Please post some unprocessed one plus footage of a park scene or some other dynamic range test.

September 8, 2014 at 9:23PM, Edited September 8, 9:23PM

mick finn
Director, Cinematographer, Writer

I'm sorry, I ran into this post and had to create an account just to post. This is the most misleading post i've ever seen. Don't act like you've done enough research if you are not going to give the credit to the 5d3 it deserves. The One Plus One DOES NOT beat the 5d3. Ive got the phone and camera and the quality does not even compare. I don't know where you got these facts from.

February 7, 2015 at 1:08PM