January 17, 2017

Cinemartin Releases a 7" HD Monitor for Only $99

The new Cinemartin Loyal range of FHD and UHD monitors offers key features like waveform and false color monitoring, at an amazing $99 price point.

They say if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. However, with technology, prices mostly keep getting better and better as quality increases. Case in point: for only $99, Cinemartin has released the Loyal series of monitors which come with a whole pack of features filmmakers want, including very useful exposure tools like false color and waveform monitor, and a color selectable focus peaking tool.  For $99. Let that sink in.

Additionally, it's available in either HD or UHD formats for the same price, but the HD monitor is brighter than the UHD model (550 nits vs 600nits), and frankly, you're not really going to see the benefits of 4K UHD on a 7" monitor anyway. If your camera puts out 1080p HD, you're probably going to be happier with the slightly brighter monitor than the slightly dimmer UHD one.

CineMartin MenusCredit: CineMartin
Another great feature is the inclusion of a headphone mini-jack, which allows the operator to monitor audio quality during recording on cameras that lack their own headphone jacks, like the Sony A6300. In combination with realtime VU meters, the toolset offers a good basic handle on audio to make life easier for the solo operator out in the field without a sound team.

Zebra and peaking

For the price, we can reasonably assume the color accuracy won't be stellar, and the industrial design isn't the most sophisticated, but then again, for the price, it's a 7" full HD monitor with waveform and false color and headphone jack. It's an amazing price/benefit combo. Especially if you are considering putting together a multi-camera package or just building your first kit, the monitor should definitely be considered.

There is also an optional shooter kit available with a sony battery plate, mounting arm, sunshade and HDMI cable for a total price of $150 including monitor. Available now for order from the Cinemartin website, with a 1% fee for using a credit card.

Tech Specs (LT 1080p FHD)

• HDMI 1080 input
  • 379 grams without battery plate
  • 600 NIT max. (cd/m2) luminance for 1080p
  • 12V power input, 14W draw
  • Color selectable peaking focus assist
  • False Color
  • Zebra
  • Waveform monitoring
  • Aspect Marker
  • Anamorphic de-squeeze
  • Headphone mini-jack

Their website looks soooo legit. Great pricepoint tho

January 17, 2017 at 3:36PM

Does anybody know about a spanish "company" called Zetta? Google it, this is starting to look like Zetta 2.0

January 18, 2017 at 6:29AM

sorry for commenting this much but i find this very funny

January 18, 2017 at 6:47AM, Edited January 18, 6:49AM

Im aware that you, without any knowledgement, are falso judging our new product. Please do not buy it, we dont like users like you. You can reply things like 'yes I will never buy it' but the true is that we will not sell to your name unless you change your attitude. We sold dozens of units since yesterday and we are very happy to be able to bring this deal to the markey, but frustrated by readung comments like yours

January 18, 2017 at 8:03AM

Alejandro, you have to admit this doesn't add up at all. I'll stay respectful and will just say that I would never buy this product and after seeing your approach towards negative comments would never buy from your company.

January 18, 2017 at 10:44AM

james ramsay
DP- Canada

James Ramsay, you are very right! This company is VERY VERY RUDE! UNBELIEVABLY RUDE to customers! I bought a monitor from them and 2 month later I kindly ask about the shipping progress (its already 5 days pass due) and I gave my date of availability of receiving the package prior, the sales manager (Angelo) literially replied me, and I quote "What we told you ??? we hate people do not reading emails...I will mark your unit as keep on hole until septemebr, or I will refund your 100 -25% or send on July if you confirm you will be there in less than 24 hors". UNBELIEVABLE! Which means I will receive my monitor 6 month after I paid! Buy or don't but from this company. You decide!

June 26, 2017 at 1:24PM

David Yao
Director of Photograhy / Camera Assistant

It keeps getting better and better!
Prices don't include taxes, 30 to 70€ shipment outside of spain!

Look at the website. Look at the video. Look at the photos of this very article! The monitor is different in almost every shot. Connectors at the side vs. at the bottom. LED at the front vs. no LED at all.

Take a look at the Youtube channel... Who the f**k is this guy?? hahahahah

January 18, 2017 at 6:49AM, Edited January 18, 6:50AM

replied to your question beliw, these are two models so connectors, leds etc at a bit dufferent positions

January 18, 2017 at 8:04AM

4 to 5 weeks delivery time.
I'll wait 6 weeks to hear some real testimonials. It sounds like they still have to be manufactured?
If the colors are any good it can be a nice extra monitor for the client or makeup artist :-)

January 17, 2017 at 4:01PM

WalterBrokx
Director, DOP, Writer, Editor, Producer

Couple thoughts... First, that monitor has "to good to be true" written all over it given the price point. I am curious to hear some user reviews, specifically about the build quality. Lastly, that may have been the most comical commercial for a camera product I have ever seen. Everything from the forced enthusiasm, reading script off camera and that brutal skin colored head mic that one guy was wearing. This was a treat.

January 17, 2017 at 6:14PM, Edited January 17, 6:15PM

Ross Radcliffe
Camera Operator

Can't believe that video passed quality control.

January 17, 2017 at 7:30PM

José Pedro Pinto
Wannabe

Im sorry if you dont like the video, made by professionals with decades of experience, but Im afraid we cannot contraxt you or spielberg for a product of that price at our margins

January 18, 2017 at 8:06AM

Take the feedback and grow from it man. Instead of responding negatively to the customers you want to spend money on your product. Also the video was the first thing I noticed it's...um...not that good. Decades of experience still don't mean much my aunts been cooking for four decades we all still don't eat her food.

January 18, 2017 at 10:53AM

Charles C.
Editor/ Director/ Director of Photography/ Wannabe Thinker

I'm more than curious if this is legit, mainly the site only partially works and the checkout process is a little sketchy. Anyone know if they will really ship it for the price?

January 17, 2017 at 6:28PM, Edited January 17, 6:28PM

Joshua F. Lamb
Director

It works, but if you are using mobile,the top menu might not work depending on your mobile. We will resolve that soon

January 18, 2017 at 8:07AM

Does anyone know if this will work on a Nikon d5100?

January 17, 2017 at 6:31PM

Does it have the ability to load and view LUT's? That would be the primary benefit of an external monitor for me.

Unless anyone can shed some light on why else I should consider getting this ;)

January 17, 2017 at 6:55PM, Edited January 17, 6:55PM

... because it's $99.

January 17, 2017 at 10:38PM, Edited January 17, 10:38PM

Craig Douglas
Writer/ Director/ Editor/ Videographer

I found this video when I was digging around Youtube for reviews:

January 17, 2017 at 9:21PM

That guy has all the charm of cold pea soup.

January 20, 2017 at 6:50AM

Brian

Amazon has plenty of inexpensive field monitors if you don't want to wait for delivery: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=field+monitor

January 17, 2017 at 9:35PM

The specs only say :
Resolution: Up to 1920x1080, that doesn't mean NATIVE resolution.
Even a 480p monitor can display 1080p, but is it NATIVE?

January 18, 2017 at 3:04AM, Edited January 18, 3:04AM

Tulio Campregher
AV coordinator

Very sharp!
The devil is in the details.
And this could be a great way to get rid of obsolete 480p monitors...

January 18, 2017 at 7:39AM

WalterBrokx
Director, DOP, Writer, Editor, Producer

specs say resolution 1920x1080 also the available video input resokutions supportrd. This is a native resolution, not scaled, just native

January 18, 2017 at 8:00AM

Good to know!

January 18, 2017 at 7:04PM

WalterBrokx
Director, DOP, Writer, Editor, Producer

It's soo legit, the website, the reviews... pls... i hope nobody spends money on this because everything is screaming SCAM

January 18, 2017 at 6:23AM, Edited January 18, 6:47AM

Hello, we at Cinemartin can certify this monitors are true and not a scam. As well as the reviewers that appears on the video, who are very reputated persons in our industry.

First of all,you will see some differences like in menu wheel as well as in out locations as THERE ARE TWO DIFFERENT MODELS or is that the people who complaint about didnt know how to read, clearly says Loyal LT and Loyal LT S4K. So, altought both have same price and are very similars, are two models. Specs of each one on the buy website, basically one is 1080p 600 nit 1200:1 and the other is up to 2160p30 550 1000:1 Both are native full hd as our website clearly says all.
We are a not scammers, but we dont like people saying things that are not true about our just released monitors.

January 18, 2017 at 7:54AM, Edited January 18, 7:53AM

Your website doesn't work on mobile. That's probably half your traffic.

January 20, 2017 at 8:45AM, Edited January 20, 8:47AM

When will these be available on Amazon or B and H?

January 18, 2017 at 11:26AM

I'm sure this is legit. Once you add a minimum of $31 to a maximum of $74 shipping, the $150 price for this monitor, sony battery plate, mounting arm, sunshade and HDMI cable is right in line with the FeelWorld FW760 which has similar specs and is sold as a kit for $179 at B&H. For them to succeed, this monitor needs to be shown to be better (or at least equal) to the crop of monitors out there that can be had for near this price OR that their customer service and warranty is better. Competition at any price is good and competition at the lower price points is great for everyone, especially the lower budget indepent filmmaker. I wish them well!

January 18, 2017 at 12:10PM, Edited January 18, 12:13PM

Benton Collins
Camera aimer

January 18, 2017 at 3:20PM

khalid alghamdi
Photographer

oooh i get it! this is a joke from NFS. guys hats of for this one :) :)

January 18, 2017 at 4:01PM, Edited January 18, 4:01PM

Vladimir Miketa
Cinematographer & Editor

Cinemartin really needs a point main for Public Relations; the responses below are not indicative of a professional company to work with

January 18, 2017 at 4:39PM

Come on guys cut the company some slack. They are just trying to sell a product and english is not their first language so I can see why some people are criticizing his responses.

With that said it does seem like a good deal but not an unheard of one. A couple of companies put out products similar and near the same price point. I believe with all options though this one is just slightly cheaper. With that said the real question is how it holds up. The other companies have their share of issues but lets be honest, for the price you can't expect something built like a tank or preforms like one. Its good start though.

January 18, 2017 at 9:05PM

Why does the head of this article say that the monitor features waveform, when the video only claims histogram?

January 19, 2017 at 4:15PM

Scott Ressler
Director of Photography

You are right. I watched the review from the YT link above and it shows the whole menu: no waveform there, only histogram.
I mean I wouldn't have expected waveform for that price, but the headline says waveform, that is just wrong!

January 19, 2017 at 7:26PM

NFS reslly needs to employ someone who actually understands film gear.

Just hire one person to read through your posts and double check for ridiculous shenanigans like this.

Whoever wrote this article thinks that there's actually a UHD resolution version available (for a 50 nit penalty). I've never, ever heard of a UHD resolution panel this small. That would break records (especially at $99).

What was probably meant (and why you guys need someone who understand gear) is that the "UHD display" probably processes UHD signals (something that should be standard anyway).

January 20, 2017 at 8:39AM

We bought from Cinemartin and would never do so again.

We purchased (circa $600 USD) their ProRes plugin (Cinemartin Cinec PLIN) for Premiere Pro and After Effects. It did not work. We asked for a refund immediately but our request was refused.

We argued our case - Cinemartin stuck to their 'no refund' policy. We argued again given their software did not work but they refused to listen.

We're stuck with an expensive plugin (circa $600 USD) that does not work. The experience of dealing with Cinemartin has been a huge headache and costly for us.

January 21, 2017 at 7:48AM, Edited January 21, 7:48AM

I would like to know if anybody from No film school could respond to this commemt. Let me first say that I have been a fan of No film school for sometime now. It has been very helpful with it's insightful information. But I'm said to say they missed the mark on this one a bit. I'm not saying the monitor won't do what they say it will. ( but I wouldn't know)
However the process of ordering one was less than stellar. After paying for the monitor I was informed by the seller that it would take over 3 weeks to receive and that there would be an additional shipping charge of $65.oo. I responded saying that I had no idea that it would take that long and that the shipping charges would be so high and asked for my order to be cancelled. I was them informed that I would have to pay a 25% restocking fee. My response to this was what I would think any ones would be (why am I being charged a restocking fee when I haven't received the item what are you restocking (my order was cancelled the day after it was made by the way). I have not been able to get a email response from them at all after repeated emails to them asking if it was possible to get a full refund. At this point I don't know if I'm getting any of my money back or if the monitor is going to randomly show up in 3 weeks even though I have attempted to cancel the order. if somebody from NO Film school coulc contact me and let me know if they could help. I normally only buy for know sellers Amazon B&H etc but felt that the No Film school stamp of approval would make this unkown seller ok. I was vey much mistaken.

January 27, 2017 at 3:50AM

Chris

Hello Paul,

Same case here. I was saving money for a SmallHD screen till someone tipped me about this one. Now I dont have anything. Did you ever get any money back?

May 15, 2017 at 10:24AM

Hey Chris, you are so right. I did the same thing and 2 month went by and I havent see my monitor yet. two days ago when I kindly asked about the progress through email, this is what the sales manager says to me, I quote "What we told you ??? we hate people do not reading emails...I will mark your unit as keep on hole until septemebr, or I will refund your 100 -25% or send on July if you confirm you will be there in less than 24 hors". Just like you I trusted Nofilmschool's judgement and recommendation for the first time, but I regret so much! Nofilmschool, you have to do a MUCH BETTER job, please.

June 26, 2017 at 1:30PM, Edited June 26, 1:30PM

David Yao
Director of Photograhy / Camera Assistant

It looks like the price went up 60%. USD 159.00 today.

February 9, 2017 at 5:46PM

Jon Kline
Director of Photography

has anyone received one of these monitors yet? is it any good?

March 21, 2017 at 5:21PM

2 month past since I paid and have yet received my monitor. its already 5 days past due and when I ask kindly to check upon my order the sales manager sent me this email and I quote "What we told you ??? we hate people do not reading emails...I will mark your unit as keep on hole until septemebr, or I will refund your 100 -25% or send on July if you confirm you will be there in less than 24 hors". VERY RUDE AND UNBELIEVABLE company. Did you buy it as well?

June 26, 2017 at 1:27PM, Edited June 26, 1:27PM

David Yao
Director of Photograhy / Camera Assistant

I posted this in another post but I'm doing this again to make aware of the situation! For those of you are are reading this post and needs an update from an actual buyer from this company. DO NOT BUY!!! This is a VERY VERY ( I can't even begin to tell you) RUDE and UNPROFESSIONAL company. 2 month went by and I havent see my monitor yet. two days ago when I kindly asked about the progress through email, this is what the sales manager says to me, I quote "What we told you ??? we hate people do not reading emails...I will mark your unit as keep on hole until septemebr, or I will refund your 100 -25% or send on July if you confirm you will be there in less than 24 hors". This means if I don't do what they tell me to do, I have to wait for 6 month until I get my monitor! WTF, seriously WTF!? So please do yourself a favor, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST! Go spend your money somewhere else with an actual legit company that sells good stuff with good customer service. This company is a big bully and please do not buy anything from them. I learnt my lesson the hard way.... Also NFS, you f**ked up real hard on this one, screwing over your followers.

June 26, 2017 at 1:40PM, Edited June 26, 1:40PM