May 31, 2013

Don't Talk During 'Before Midnight' or Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke Will Be Very Angry

Julie Delpy Ethan Hawke Alamo PSADon't talk during Richard Linklater's Before Midnight. Just don't do it. You're going to piss off Julie Delpy, and Ethan Hawke won't be able to impress us with his knowledge. We've already talked a bit about the film and Linklater's approach to independent film financing, but here's something a little different: Alamo Drafthouse theaters, known for their love of movies and clever PSAs, have shot a brand new one that is set to play during the run of Before Midnight as well as during Hawke's film The Purge. Watch it below:

This is one of the reasons to love not only Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke, but also the Alamo Drafthouse theater chain. Talking during a film ruins it for everyone! Sit back, relax, munch quietly, and enjoy the film. Or you just might have to face Julie Delpy's wrath, and there won't be subtitles in real life when she is tearing out your soul for ruining the movie-going experience for everyone else.

Link: Watch Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke Break the Fourth Wall in Our Latest “No Talking” PSA! -- Alamo Drafthouse

[via Buzzfeed]

Word.

June 1, 2013 at 1:33AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Micah Van Hove
Writer
director, producer, dp

Saw this one at Fantastic Fest 2011. Genius -

June 1, 2013 at 4:02AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Will Gilbey

Love the change in grade.

June 1, 2013 at 8:08AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Adr

There's a really funny one with the minions from despicable me but can't find it online.

June 1, 2013 at 12:01PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Tony

Genius.

June 3, 2013 at 6:38AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

That was funny.

June 6, 2013 at 5:59PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Gary Simmons

Finally.

Uh...yeah, I'm talking to you! You douchebag texting bastard, taking your doe-eyed, young, hottie date in your new wannabe Dodge Charger to the movies while you have no clue as to why you're even watching this one.

On a related side note...I think I had a midlife, 80's nostalgia arrhythmia when I saw the clip for this sequel. How many times can you say you've seen a cleverly written trilogy with a dialogue-rich story? Okay, the Ewoks get a point. Right?

June 7, 2013 at 10:33PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Rigby

I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is
loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end?

I'll check back later and see if the problem still exists.

August 18, 2014 at 11:56PM, Edited September 4, 11:56AM