Give Your Digital Footage That Film Look and Enter FilmConvert Cinematography Competition
As we've mentioned before here at NFS, FilmConvert is one of the best film stock emulators we've seen. This program allows users to give their digital footage that much desired cinematic look by using the color information of specific cameras to determine how a specific film stock could best be represented using that sensor. Now, FilmConvert is asking filmmakers to enter their cinematography competition with videos processed by their program. Hit the jump for info on rules, prizes, and how to enter.
FilmConvert adjusts the color and grain to your footage to match popular film stocks, giving it that "film look." To get a better understanding of exactly what FilmConvert can do, check out the video below.
Entering the cinematography competition is a fairly painless procedure. Here are the steps:
- Process your video using any FilmConvert software (you can use the full version or trial version)
- Include the word 'FilmConvert' somewhere in the video title
- Upload your video onto YouTube or Vimeo
- Fill out the entry form
Here are a few things you should know before entering:
- You can enter more than once
- You must own the rights to your footage
- You retain all rights to your video and footage
- By entering, you grant FilmConvert the right to use the footage for marketing purpose (embedding the competition winners on their website, use still frames as examples, etc.)
10 Finalists will be selected by counting a combination of video views, Facebook likes, tweets, and votes on FilmConvert, but the winners will be chosen by FilmConvert developers, and guest judges Philip Bloom, Vincent Laforet, and Tom Lowe.
- 1st place - $1,000 USD
- 2nd place - $500 USD
- 3rd place - $250 USD
- 4th to 11th place: A copy of FilmConvert Pro, with lifetime free upgrades
The competition ends on August 31st, 2013, so be sure to get your videos entered by then.
Have you ever used FilmConvert before? What did you think of it? Let us know in the comments.