July 3, 2013

You've Never Seen the 'Star Wars' Trench Run Scene Like This Before

Sometimes creating something memorable or interesting isn't about having powerful cameras, fancy sets, or A-list actors. Sometimes you just need a little creativity, some spray paint, and a bit of cardboard. Homemade Movies, a weekly show on the Cinefix YouTube channel, recreates famous scenes from some of the biggest films, but with a decidedly lower budget. This week they tackled the trench run scene from the original Star Wars film, and it is simply delightful. Check out the video and their process below, as well as a side-by-side comparison with both the original and the remake playing together.

Here is the side-by-side comparison with the original:

And the behind the scenes:

What do you guys think? Have you done anything like this before?

Link: Cinefix YouTube Channel

[via Mashable]

simply genius...... Man i laughed my ass out. Even the actors movements were the same, I know every single shot of star wars and it was unbelievable.
An Oscar for these guys please!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2013 at 10:02PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Cris CAzor

The guy with the beard when Luke Hardwick switches off his computer is all aces. ALL aces.

July 4, 2013 at 4:53AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Jules

That was amazing!! How inspiring. :-)

July 3, 2013 at 10:03PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Look at chewbacca!!! lo!

July 3, 2013 at 10:13PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Alex Mand

Impressive. I had no choice but to subscribe.

July 3, 2013 at 11:15PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Alien Astronauts

AMAZING WORK, man the effort put to do do this would make an great short movie, amazing really. LOL

July 3, 2013 at 11:39PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Leonardo

Reminds me of Michel Gondry's sweded films. Truly remarkable stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jccW-xudoD8

July 4, 2013 at 1:54AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Nicolás

I love these guys! how inspiring they are!

July 4, 2013 at 4:42AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Andrea

That was totally awesome! It just goes to show that you may not necessarily need a huge budget (or any budget) to entertain people.

July 4, 2013 at 9:22AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

TJM

awesome

July 4, 2013 at 3:23PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

ROFLMAO! This was pure genius! I even made my non-fan daughter watch it and she enjoyed it also. This really does make you realize that you can do something good (and campy) with a little imagination, time, and dedication. Great job!

July 4, 2013 at 5:59PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Probably still cost more than Turkish Star Wars.

July 4, 2013 at 6:34PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

JB

Very cool. I did a recreation of the title sequence for Se7en for film school that turned out pretty good. It certainly did not involve as many props and effects as theirs did though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DfBgK3ZzUU

July 4, 2013 at 8:03PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

John

Great idea, great props too, you are all awesome.

July 5, 2013 at 7:01PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

July 7, 2013 at 2:30AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

I loved the family pictures left on the wall! They could have easily taken them down, but leaving them up added an extra heapping of finely aged american cheese! Very funny stuff Nice balance of really very good filmmaking with cheaply made props and effects!!

July 7, 2013 at 2:32AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Sorry for the almost duplicate comments!

July 7, 2013 at 2:35AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM

Now this WAS good. I know how much effort it takes - I bet you guys learned a hell of a lot in the experience. Of course copying the original is easy - I mean the story. It is the story that made star wars so incredible - these don't come by very often - once in a decade maybe. But to do a duplicate like this - my hats off to you. Well done.

July 10, 2013 at 9:52AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM