F&V has been steadily cranking out quality lighting products, and at NAB 2014 they introduced their first EVF. Containing features that you'll find in higher-end EVFs/monitors, the new 4.3" SpectraHD 4 is going to come in at a bit lower price than some other options. They've also got a larger 7" monitor with slightly less resolution, which should work well as an inexpensive additional monitor on the camera. Finally, they are introducing new lights with far higher CRI ratings -- which means better color reproduction. Check out the interview below:
- 4.3" 1280 x 720 Screen
- HDMI/HD-SDI with In/Out with Loop-through (Can
- Headphone Jack
- DC Power Jack
- Mini XLR
- Mini USB for Updates
- Sony NPF Battery Port
- ARRI Rosette and 1/4 20"
- Vectorscope/False Color/Histogram/Frame Guides/etc.
- Availability: Summer/Fall 2014
- Price: $1,100 Monitor Only, $1,400 with Loupe
MeticaFM 7 HDMI and SDI/HDMI Monitors
- 7" 1024 x 600 Screen
- Frame Guides, Focus Peaking, Variable Scan, and More
- 800:1 Contrast Ratio
- 170 Degree Viewing Angle
- HDMI & HD-SDI Loop-through (HDMI model only has HDMI loop-through)
- Future Upgrade will have False Color and Histogram
- Price: $450 for HDMI, $680 for HDMI and HD-SDI
Read more about their lighting products and purchase some of your very own over on their website.
Link: F&V Website