Creative District Expands $5,000 Grants to Web Creators with the #CDWebSeries Contest
Creative District launched earlier this year as Technicolor's offering to the filmmaker social media space. With an emphasis on filmmaker to filmmaker connections, building collaborators online, and a simple and pleasing browsing experience, Creative Districts enthusiasm for connecting filmmakers doesn't stop there. They offer $5,000 grants monthly to users of the website who are working on interesting projects, but until now that grant was not available to YouTubers and Vimeo Creators. Read on for the full details of the contest, the winners will be announced on September 2nd, 2014.
Since launching, CD has garnered over 12,000 users and has given away several grants, proving their commitment to building a community of collaborators online. With the addition of a job search function and several improvements since, I see Creative District becoming a viable network for filmmakers to find work (until it gets too flooded, that is). I've tried it out and have already been on a couple of meetings for jobs through the site.
Now, for the Creative District Web Series Grant:
"Whether you’re in pre-production or working on season 2, we want to see your project’s progress on CD."
The Rules Are Simple:
- Your web series project can be at any stage of completion.
- You web series project must be on Creative District and kept up to date.
- Full terms found here.
What they're looking for when consider grant winners:
- Make great use of CD. Add collaborators, post open positions and a variety of content.
- Update your personal profile and have your team complete theirs to showcase your skills an experience.
- Be creative in showcasing your work on CD. (Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes content, etc).
Check out the previous grant winners to see examples of what they're looking for.
- You must Tweet a link to your Creative District with the hashtag #CDWebSeries or
- Share it on Facebook tagging Creative District
- The contest runs between now and 11:59pm August 31st.
"We’re excited for the opportunity to support your projects, and if you’re not working on a web series at the moment, no worries. Your CD projects remains in the pool for future grants."
I'll be doing an interview with the Creative District founder Micki Krimmel next week for a more in-depth look at their platform and plans for the future. If anyone has any questions you want me to ask directly, let me know in the comments.