September 15, 2014

Canon Announces 7D Mark II with 1080p 60fps

Canon_7D_Mark_II_hiRes_eos7d_efsfront
Canon has finally replaced the 5-year-old 7D with the brand new 7D Mark II.

While some manufacturers are including 4K and giving extremely good low-light performance in their under $3,000 cameras, Canon has chosen a slightly more conservative approach with their video specs, giving 1080p 60fps and clean HDMI, and autofocus during video (which should be pretty usable based on their other cameras). Stills however, are greatly improved, with up to 10fps shooting, so this is going to be a great camera for action photographers.

Canon_7D_Mark_II_hiRes_eos7d_lcd

Here are the specs:

• 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
  • Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
  • 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Clear View II LCD Monitor
  • 1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps
  • 1280 x 720: 60 fps, 30 fps
  • 640 x 480: 30 fps
  • ISO 100-16000 (Extended Mode: 100-51200)
  • 1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 3.0
  • Clean HDMI 8-bit 4:2:2
  • Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Live View
  • 65-Point All Cross-Type AF System
  • Continuous 10 fps Shooting
  • Shutter: up to 1/8000 second
  • Magnesium Alloy Body Construction
  • Built-In GPS Receiver & Digital Compass
  • Availability: November 2014
  • Price: $1,800 Body Only, $2,150 with EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens

Some intro videos from Canon:

And more on the video features:

Full HD 1080p video recording is supported in multiple frame rates, up to 60 fps, in both the MOV and MP4 file formats. Additionally, uncompressed video can be recorded to an optional external recorded via the HDMI output. In-camera video is recorded using the high quality H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec and manual exposure control is supported for greater refinement over the look and feel of recordings. Video clips are automatically partitioned after the file size has reached 4GB and both IPB and All i-frame compressions are available for use depending on editing and output preferences.

When recording video, customizable Movie Servo AF can be utilized to adjust the focusing location, speed, and tracking intervals for fluid and smooth AF quality. Support is also available for STM lenses, which deliver exceptionally quiet and smooth focusing to benefit the overall quality of movies.

In-camera audio is recorded using the Linear PCM format for MOV files, or the AAC format for MP4 files, and support is available for utilizing an optional external microphone during recording. Additionally, a headphone input is also available for real-time audio monitoring.

Canon_7D_Mark_II_hiRes_eos7d_top

Stills, as usual, look pretty great, but what many of you are wondering about is the video quality. We haven't gotten any clear indication how much video is improved, but after 5 years of release, it would be surprising if we still had aliasing/moire in a DSLR in this price range. The 5D Mark III is only two years old, so with the way Canon moves I don't see the 7D Mark II being leaps and bounds better (if at all). We've got some important features that bring it up to par with more cameras in this range, like 60fps at 1080p and clean 1080p HDMI out (8-bit) versus 720p on the 7D, and some decent improvements in ISO performance. While the previous 7D started getting pretty noisy in video around 2000-2500 ISO, this camera will probably be a stop or two better (based on 6400 max vs. 16,000 max for the new camera), which would likely give you usable 6400 ISO (at the very least probably clean 3200 ISO).

Other than that we haven't really seen much in the way of video quality except for two low-quality, non-full-screenable videos Canon has on their website, but if I can find higher quality versions, I will post them:

It's kind of hard to tell from these videos, and it's a little crazy in 2014 that you'd spend so much money on these promos and then bury them on the website in non-HD form. Either way, we'll have to wait and see for some real video samples that give us a sense of what the camera can do.

They also announced three new lenses, two full-frame lenses, 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM400mm f/4 DO IS II USM, and an APS-C lens, 24mm f/2.8 STM:

EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM

I'm done with this.

September 15, 2014 at 12:49PM, Edited September 15, 12:49PM

Edgar More
All

yawn...

September 15, 2014 at 12:58PM

At least for the video features. Still photos, slight upgrade.

September 15, 2014 at 12:59PM

slight...

September 15, 2014 at 7:40PM

PinZ
Director / Writer / Producer

My thoughts exactly

September 15, 2014 at 4:05PM

Josh Paul
Most often DP, Direct or Gaff

Let's put Canon in time capsula to have a deep nap for 50 years. Waking up, would they bring up new video features? What do you think?

September 15, 2014 at 1:00PM

Ok. I am a Canon user. I love their cameras. I have a 7D and C100, but some of the specs on this are confusing.

No 4K? Ok whatever. I'm not one who feels it is necessary in the market just yet. But it will be soon, so it seems a little out of touch not to included it. Then again I'm sure they are trying to protect their C line cameras.

But 60p at 1080 while my $5000 C100 can't do 60p at any resolution? Come on. Just give us a firmware upgrade. Allow me to shoot 2K internally so I can shoot 1:85 without cropping. Give me 10 bit out the HDMI. Hell give me 4K out the HDMI.

I appreciate Canon not releasing a slew of new cameras every couple months like Sony does, but I'm sure these things can do more. Give me a little more return on my investment, and help me use my camera longer.

September 15, 2014 at 1:06PM

Michael Markham
Actor/Filmmaker

Excellent point. I feel like Canon's always been off with what they think are appropriate features within certain price brackets.

September 15, 2014 at 8:21PM

Cassidy Hilton
Freelancer

Think Canon really have a problem with their product positioning. They should keep camera segments separate through pricing, not by restricting features on some cameras. When new possibilities can be added to cameras via firmware updates, these should be made available on all compatible cameras.

As you mention, you now have an issue owning a C100 which can't do 60p and I'm just as frustrated having to use Magic Lantern on my 5Dm3 to have basic features such as zebras and focus peaking (which I think you have on the C series). Not to mention the 4K which ML can provide...

It's about time Canon provided a proper firmware update policy for its existing customers, otherwise, over time people will start moving to other brands. Despite being in a difficult financial situation, Sony seems to be going the right way as far as their cameras are concerned.

September 16, 2014 at 6:26AM

Warren Smith
Marketing consultant & film director

Sony releasing a bunch of cameras is the only way Canon will innovate, I'd be glad if I was a Canon user.

September 16, 2014 at 8:49AM

Namar Burton
Writer-Director-Cinematographer

I actually disagree. People buying Sony's cameras and not buying Canon's will make them innovate. Canon can hold off on new camera's because they sellnd keep selling. Sony has to keep making new ones to try to get market share. At least that's my understanding of it. I realize Canon has hardly any reason to throw me a bone from a market standpoint (thought it would defintiely help their sales). I just wish they would.

September 17, 2014 at 6:34AM

Michael Markham
Actor/Filmmaker

Well, maybe this will cheapen the 1st 7d at used market.

But it's hard to buy a camera for HD video with the GH4 and it's UHD video at the same price being around.

September 15, 2014 at 1:06PM

Sign me up for the 24mm f/2.8 STM lens! Although I kinda wish it was a 1.8.

September 15, 2014 at 1:17PM

Ryan Toyota
Graphic Designer / Typographer / Video Editor

Yeah, it's odd... why 2.8... :S

September 16, 2014 at 2:47AM

Ragüel Cremades
Film producer and director

Price and size. If you made it faster, you'd have to increase both of those.

Personally, I think this really neat for what it is. A very very compact lens, for a bargain price! If I was a Canon shooter I'd pick this up in a heartbeat (together with a Canon SL1 you'd even have a small compact option to rival mirrorless cameras, which might be one Canon produced this?).

September 22, 2014 at 11:54AM

David Peterson
Wedding Cinematographer

I can't see this 7dII being at all close to as popular as the original, it just doesn't fit well in the market. Slight bump up for crop sensor stills guys, but the video feature set is nothing special.

September 15, 2014 at 1:23PM

Alex Enman
Filmist/Colormaker

Canon i own three of your cameras and some of your lens but right now you loosing me when it comes on to Video... you killing me!!!! You remind me of apple! its frichen 2014! come out of 2012! smh

September 15, 2014 at 1:25PM, Edited September 15, 1:25PM

Wentworth Kelly
DP/Colorist/Drone Op

"You remind me of apple!"

Dude, apples iPhone 5s pushes out 4k
(check out https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vizzywig-4k/id913424818?mt=8 )

And their 6 plus pushes out 240fps.

Apple is nothing like Canon.

September 16, 2014 at 4:19AM

Bradyn Hopking
South African Freelance Cinematographer

savage

May 25, 2017 at 12:06AM

Something I noticed when I saw this camera being featured on Scott Kelby's page today, 1080 60p looks to be IPB only, not All-i.

September 15, 2014 at 1:31PM, Edited September 15, 1:31PM

Sean Kenney
Event Cinematographer

Will it work with ML? Just a thought though.

September 15, 2014 at 1:35PM

I was looking for this comment... Imagine if ML achieve to release the "real" power of the dual processors! It should (by all means) deliver a better RAW than the 5DMk III... Just a though

September 15, 2014 at 9:24PM

Rafa Ga
Digital Film-Video Editor / Colorist / Motion Graphics

It's only me or have more low light sensitive 7D mark II than 5D mark III?

In specs a mean.

September 16, 2014 at 2:48AM

Ragüel Cremades
Film producer and director

I'm sure it is a great camera for stills but video wise pretty meh specs. The Samsung NX1 that was also announced today is way more enticing. 4k h.265 video at 24p and 60p at 1080. Great photo features as well. H.265 is pro res quality at half the file size. If the video melts my brain I may go for the samsung. If it has a log mode then I will definitely go for it. It's a thousand dollars cheaper than the A7s.

September 15, 2014 at 1:37PM

Brad Jones
Director/Producer/Writer/Editor

Saw this on the Canon website, major bummer you cant use phase detect autofocus in 60p! Why? Camera looks awesome just wish it had wifi, that was a stupid omission, makes it easy to live without flip out viewfinder with wifi but with out you need a external screen to do self interviews with out guessing.
"
Full HD 60p Video Recording
The EOS 7D Mark II delivers refined and detailed EOS movie image quality with
Full HD 60p (59.94 fps NTSC), and even 50.00 fps (PAL), recording at ISO values up to
16000 (Dual Pixel CMOS AF is not available when shooting at 60p). At these frame
rates, even a fast-moving subject looks looks smooth in HD."

September 15, 2014 at 1:39PM, Edited September 15, 1:39PM

I am far more excited about that 2.8 24mm pancake than anything else on this page. Wish it was EF, but still, for $150, it will be a more useful on my C100 than the 40mm, which is no slouch.

September 15, 2014 at 1:48PM, Edited September 15, 1:48PM

Dean Mermell
Filmish Person

Impressive stills camera. Substandard video. This is not a complaint. For those whining about Canon video features as if Canon is purposefully trying to screw you over, I think we all need to accept that Canon is not trying to sell DSLR's to professional videographers. Canon just doesn't care about the relatively small DSLR videographer market. If you want to use a DSLR primarily to shoot video, it's time to switch brands. If you want to shoot professional video on a Canon product, it's time to look at the Cinema EOS line.

September 15, 2014 at 2:00PM, Edited September 15, 2:00PM

Casey Preston
Videographer

Autofocus is better working with touchscreen LCD sometimes to touch focus the subjects for the maximum advantage of Dual CMOS AF technology. we missed it on 7D2, And Why GPS? we need Wifi :( We missed it too.

September 15, 2014 at 2:19PM, Edited September 15, 2:19PM

Amila C
VFX Compositor / Filmmaker

I think Canon has died. With this lack luster release against things like the Samsung NX-1 and GH4. Also cameras the sony fs7 threatening the entire Canon Cinema Line. The 5D has a lot of competition.

September 15, 2014 at 3:35PM, Edited September 15, 3:35PM

Zachary Will
Cinematographer

From a video perspective it kinda feels like it's absolete before it's even released, with so many more exciting competitors out there.

September 15, 2014 at 3:41PM

Jeroen Rommelaars
Animator - Videographer - Motion Tracking

Stills camera first, video camera second.

September 15, 2014 at 3:42PM

Ty
Cinematographer, Editor, Director

slow news day, though any slower we may soon be reading about the nx-1

September 15, 2014 at 5:00PM, Edited September 15, 5:00PM

Anthony F. Marino III
produce shoot edit

You have issues.

September 15, 2014 at 8:23PM

sidb

At least they're not fanboy issues.

September 16, 2014 at 8:13AM

Anthony F. Marino III
produce shoot edit

The only upside is that it will probably be the cheapest Magic Lantern option for Full HD/30fps.

They should just start giving ML credit in their official release statements.

September 15, 2014 at 5:07PM

Luke Neumann
Cinematographer/Composer/Editor

In many respects more can be done in post with slightly compressed 1920x1080 than can be done with highly compressed 4096×2160. Also keeping the sensor array at 1920x1080 helps with dynamic range and low light capability.

For green screen or heavy color correction I'd rather have 4:2:2 10bit 1080P at 200mbs....

...than 4:2:0 8bit 2160P at 100mbps.

September 15, 2014 at 5:08PM

Tenolian

GH4 is UHD 4:2:2 10bits out from the hdmi :-)

September 17, 2014 at 11:30PM

I was waiting to see what the 7DMII would look like... I expected more... I was expecting something innovative. Camera specs are evolving so quickly by different manufactures and the competitive industry is great for film makers. Canon is a huge name, but if they don't start innovating rather than trying to protect their catalog they will see a drop in customers. I wish they would have at least enabled wi-fi capabilities which also had a quick share button for social media.

September 15, 2014 at 5:18PM

Walter Wallace
Spokesperson/Entrepreneur

still no rotating LCD? thats very useful when using cameras for video. I am honestly so past DSLR's. I will never buy another one for video, stills maybe. I have an original 7D and it was great when it came out but in general DSLRs don't resolve 1080 as well as (or at all) purpose build video or cinema cameras. I am sticking to the Canon C100 for every job that has any budget (as the rental is quite affordable) and I am curious about the new sony FS7.

September 15, 2014 at 5:23PM

Peter Staubs
Camera Assistant

Rotating LCD makes the camera less strong against elements (little rain and dust), and for a photo camera makes more sense have it this way. That's why they'll keep the 60, 70D line more video-ish with rotating LCD.

September 15, 2014 at 9:34PM

Rafa Ga
Digital Film-Video Editor / Colorist / Motion Graphics

Hmmm. For its price it barely matches the BM pocket cinema camera in most categories, and only beets it in low light. But costs almost 2 as much, and doesn't come with Resolve.... - 2

September 15, 2014 at 5:26PM

David Sharp
Video Editor, Cinematographer, Teacher

Whoa whoa whoa...it has WiFi dude. Come on, it deserves a couple of points for innovation I think.

September 15, 2014 at 5:47PM

Luke Neumann
Cinematographer/Composer/Editor

it does not have wifi actually, wtf

September 15, 2014 at 6:58PM

Ha ha. I actually thought it did.

September 15, 2014 at 7:07PM

Luke Neumann
Cinematographer/Composer/Editor

So your $1800 STILLS camera now does 1080p 60p. How about you add that to your $5000 C100 and $12000 C300. Your overpriced CINEMA cameras should not be lacking features that your much cheaper stills cameras have.

September 15, 2014 at 5:47PM, Edited September 15, 5:47PM

Brendan Lubin
Director/Director of Photography/Editor

September 15, 2014 at 6:38PM

Tobias Vogel
Producer / VFX Artist

Looks like a camera I can finally justify upgrading to, from my T2i. 10 fps stills, and 60p video at 1080 will be nice to have. No real reason why people should expect 4k from it, since this seems to be marketed toward photographers.

September 15, 2014 at 6:43PM

Logan Wogoman
Writer / Director / Director of Photography

But people have every reason to expect 4k from SOMETHING out of Canon. It's nearly 2015. Cell phones are now shooting 4k but Canon does not have *anything* I am aware of that can shoot in 4k at ANY price point. The only thing that comes close is the $25,000 C500 but only with an external recorder that is going to cost you a few thousand dollars more.

Cameras are investments. If people are going to drop a couple grand on one and use it for several years, they have a right to expect that it won't be obsolete by next NAB. (Or even LAST NAB, with many regards...)

September 16, 2014 at 1:48AM

That's true. The profesional cameras are expensive... you cant't affort change every year... :S

September 16, 2014 at 8:14AM

Ragüel Cremades
Film producer and director

The 4K Canon 1DC has been out for a few years, but it was not well priced for what it offered, and it's editing workflow took some figuring out. It was more of a niche camera that experienced cinematographers were able to use for incredible footage (despite being 8-bit), but it was far from being the all-arounder that the C100/300 was.

September 16, 2014 at 11:58AM

Marc B
Shooter & Editor

September 15, 2014 at 6:58PM, Edited September 15, 6:58PM

Luke Neumann
Cinematographer/Composer/Editor

weird, I'm more excited about a new Samsung camera than a canon one...

September 15, 2014 at 7:33PM

Canon just signalling that their DSLR's are primarily for stills shooters with their Cinema line for video shooters...but when will they add the functionality that ppl want (higher frame rates, 4k) to their lower end C series?

September 15, 2014 at 7:39PM

First to show us footage of their crazy lowlight sensitive sensor back in 2012 yet they still haven't deliver! How many people do you know that own a C500 or 1DC? Very few.. How many people are going to invest in these tow anymore? Nobody for sure.. And maybe the majority of the people who wanted to invist in a C300 or C100 are thinking about investing in the FS7 or A7S instead. As a canon user I wanna say they "greedy yet behind"

September 15, 2014 at 8:08PM, Edited September 15, 8:08PM

Ramy Daniel
Cinematographer

HOLY SHIT!!!! 60p at 1080! wow thats awsome
talk about a leap in technology............

September 15, 2014 at 10:39PM, Edited September 15, 10:39PM

"8-bit" Clean HDMI..? Chin up Canon, better luck next time eh :)

September 15, 2014 at 11:47PM

I know everybody mad at cannon....but the facts are cannon is still number one in the DSLR market...... heck! I just made some money today filming on my 7D.... most up and coming film makers use a cannon DSLR to shoot videos and short films........ when the last time you seen people at a meet up or film work shop bring out their Sony or GH1,2,3,4?! ......everywhere you turn you see someone with a T2,3,4i.... 60D, 7D or 5D2..... So you guys keep thinking cannon loosing sleep over the "I'm jumping ship nonsense"...... 4K?!! most on here can't keep up with storage for the 1080p RAW file from a pocket camera....but constantly talking about 4k...please...... Oh and let's not forget this site also give out a free guide on using DSLR when you sing up ...... I can bet cannon DSLR was what inspire that guide.... and planet 5D website...Act of Valor.....House...and many more.... now that I have given y'all a reminder of the King....you guys can carry on about how mad you guys are about the 7D2

September 16, 2014 at 12:06AM

Alvin Nyemah
Director, DP & Editing (Filmmaker)

Its funny because if you said all this 2-3 years ago we all might agree with you...but its going to be 2015 soon and this update took 5 years no big studio is going to shoot a whole movie or show with DSLR's anymore. Especially when you can just rig up any blackmagics offerings for almost the same price of a high end DSLR

September 16, 2014 at 2:32AM

Charles C.
Editor/ Director/ Director of Photography/ Wannabe Thinker

The 7D Mkii has confirmed my shift to Blackmagic. This is a minor upgrade of the camera and an insult to anyone loyal to Canon. Their disregard for consumers is evident in the LP-E6N battery alone: an opportunity for Canon to sell more accessories while forsaking the 3rd Party manufacturers and the shooters themselves which have invest in accessories for the 7D.

Canon is to innovation what mold is to bread; a byproduct of the stale. The 5D Mkii lit a fire under millions of filmmakers and changed the game. Instead of recognizing this, encouraging it, Canon became the Nintendo of the camera world and started dictating to users how they should create: slowly, expensively, with perpetual re-investment in minor upgrades.

Mold did have a pleasant surprise for bread. It was the basis of penicillin. But this innovation had nothing to do with a bakery, just as the filmmaking world has moved on from Canon.

September 16, 2014 at 12:21AM

Ben Lynch
Director

Wonderful commentary, I couldn't agree more!

September 16, 2014 at 1:55AM

Ed Wright
Director, DP, Writer

Canon once led the pack, now they are hopelessly behind...they haven't got a clue...sad. I loved my original 7D, despite all it's flaws, now this new one isn't even 4K. Looks like Canon isn't even excited about this camera, if they've buried it's videos on their website...

September 16, 2014 at 1:54AM

Ed Wright
Director, DP, Writer

Canon seems so clueless about the marketplace and resistant to the direction of technology that you'd think it was owned by Kodak...

Obviously this is a fine stills camera, if you don't already own one. If you do, I see little reason to upgrade. For low budget filmmakers, however, this camera is practically DOA. People say "What did you expect? It's a stills camera?"

You're right. It is a stills camera and those of us wanting a great camera for shooting films wanted something out of it that Canon isn't interested in giving. That's the whole point, I guess. Canon simply is not interested. I don't know what else to say.

If Canon were actually interested in the low budget filmmaking market, the way Panasonic, Black Magic, and AJA are, they could easily put out a camera with a good price with features that would kill the others. The fact that they do not must simply mean that they do not WANT to. They aren't interested.

We're collectively like that dude in the Friend Zone with a really awesome chick that he is madly in love with. She likes to hang out with him and thinks he's kinda cool, but from her perspective that's all he is or ever will be. Yet here we are, year after year, still hanging around just waiting for that day when she will realize how perfect we are for each other and suddenly start loving us.

Guess what? It ain't gonna happen. It's officially time to move on.

September 16, 2014 at 2:00AM

3840x2160 at 24fps with Magic Lantern Raw. Just a hunch :)

September 16, 2014 at 2:11AM

Luke Neumann
Cinematographer/Composer/Editor

hahahah. Indeed. ;D

September 16, 2014 at 2:46AM

Ragüel Cremades
Film producer and director

RAW is about the only saving grace for Canon at the moment (just got a 5D Mk3 myself)... For where am headed RAW is more important to me than 4K.

September 17, 2014 at 11:44AM

Kayode

more color and flexibility> better

4k it's good but sell more the idea having 4k than RAW...

September 19, 2014 at 2:55AM

Ragüel Cremades
Film producer and director

WHat are you doing Canon! Today, the market have a lot of good better options in that of price tag... not like 5 years ago... the time it's changing (i am a canon user 5D mark II/ 7D)

September 16, 2014 at 2:46AM

Ragüel Cremades
Film producer and director

A bit underwhelming for video...

I can see it having a place for someone shooting stills and a bit of video on the side. Like a wildlife photographer. In some contexts the really good weather sealing would be nice (I wish the a7s had this kind of weather sealing).

Over the last couple of years I've moved from someone who right into canon dslr's to now being far more interested in camera's like the a7s (and even the f7 looks a better camera than the c100 for that style of 'run and gun cinema doco/news' stuff)

September 16, 2014 at 3:32AM

I think Canon is obviously showing who their target market is...Photographers. Canon only wants to give stills cameras to Photographers and wants cinematographers to buy the Cinema cameras. Canon has said they really have no intention to come out with a camera that competes with the GH4/A7s.

Don't get me wrong, this is probably a great camera. But I doubt it will give you an image you can't get with another camera from Sony/Panasonic. I love canon and thank them for everything they did with revolutionizing the Indie Filmmaker world, but they've been out played by the competition.

September 16, 2014 at 10:00AM

Levi Stutzman
Director-Filmmaker

I think Canon is intentionally moving away from a DSLR video market. They want to target these exclusively for photographers, and the best way to keep videographers away at this moment was to not give them 4K. They want to keep their video tools and photography tools separate. For that matter, since this has better hardware than 1DX/1DC, I believe that Canon will launch a 7DC camera very soon. They will use the same strategy as with 1DX to 1DC. 4K on this camera, with this hardware, is just a firmware away, literally. Don't be surprised if it's overpriced, has a big rolling shutter problem, and has an terrible codec (mjpeg).

September 16, 2014 at 7:30PM, Edited September 16, 7:30PM

Vlastimir Stevanovic
Filmmaker

I'm so glad I sold my Canon gear and bought m4/3. I can't remember when I last saw any innovation from Canon. Right now it feels like anything is better than Canon. Most of this goes for Nikon as well, though for photography at least they have some innovative products in the 1 line. I can see Canon's problem in wanting to protect the EOS C line, but for enthusiast photographers or low budget video now everything from Panasonic, Blackmagic, Sony and Samsung starts to look way more interesting than Canon. What do you think?

September 17, 2014 at 5:04AM, Edited September 17, 5:04AM

Where does this leave the 5D Mk3? I definitely know where it leaves the 6D (on the floor that is).

September 17, 2014 at 11:40AM

Kayode

I've got a 6D, but I primarily use it for stills. I see what you are saying about the floor for video though...

September 19, 2014 at 2:56PM