Not content with a brand new 4.6K sensor, Blackmagic also just dropped a $1,000 1080p RAW Micro Cinema Camera perfect for drones and other small places, a $1,300 Micro Studio Camera 4K for live broadcasts, new $500 5" 1080p ProRes/DNxHD Monitor/Recorder called Blackmagic Video Assist, and a new $1,500 1080p OLED EVF.
Here are the specs for the new Micro Cinema Camera, which takes the sensor from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and makes it global shutter (as well as rolling):
- 1920 x 1080 Super 16mm Sensor 12.48mm x 7.02mm
- Switchable between Global and Rolling Shutter
- Global Shutter Frame Rates RAW: 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Rolling Shutter Fame Rates RAW: 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- Lossless Cinema DNG & ProRes Proxy to HQ
- 13 Stops Dynamic Range in Rolling Shutter Mode (less in global shutter mode)
- Active Micro 4/3 Mount
- ISO 200-1600
- Remote focus control via expansion connector when using compatible lenses
- Can be controlled remotely with standard drone connections
- Lens Control, Recording Parameters, Start/Stop wth LANC and PWM or S.Bus remote channels
- 1/8 Jack for Mic (integrated internal Mic)
- 1 Full HDMI port
- Expansion Port — DB-HD15 serial connector provides support for Power input, LANC input, 1 x S.Bus channel input, 4 x PWM channel input, Genlock input, Composite video output
- Powered by Canon LP-E6
- SD Card Slot
- Availability: Shipping Summer
- Price: $1,000
Note, the Micro Cinema Camera does not have a screen on it, so you'll need an external one to see a live image preview and to change settings.
And here are some images and specs for the Micro Studio Camera 4K:
- Sensor Size: 13.056mm x 7.344mm
- Shooting Resolutions: 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080
- Frame Rates: HD 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.97, 60, 1080i50, 59.94, Ultra HD 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- Focus: Remote focus control via expansion connector or ATEM Switcher CCU protocols via SDI when using compatible lenses.
- Iris Control: Iris control via Up and Down buttons, remote control via expansion connector or ATEM Switcher CCU protocols via SDI when using compatible lenses.
- Lens Mount: Active MFT mount
- Controls: 5 control buttons including Set, Up, Down, Menu, and Power.
- Microphone: Integrated stereo microphone, active when camera is recording.
- Mounting Options: 1 x 1/4″ (top), 3 x 1/4″ (bottom)
- SDI Video Output: 1 x 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector.
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 6G-SDI 10-bit 4:2:2 via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector.
- SDI Audio Output: 2 channel embedded audio support in SDI stream.
And the specs for Blackmagic's new 5" monitor and external recorder.
- Codec Support: 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHD
- SDI Video Input: 1 x SD/HD/3G-SDI via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector
- SDI Video Output: 1 x SD/HD/3G-SDI via DIN 1.0/2.3 connector
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- HDMI Video Output: 1 x HDMI type A connector
- SDI Audio Input: 16 channels embedded in SD and HD in QuickTime files, 2 channels in Avid DNxHD MXF files
- SDI Audio Output: 16 channels embedded in SD and HD in QuickTime files, 2 channels in Avid DNxHD MXF files
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD QuickTime files and Avid DNxHD MXF files.
- HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels embedded in SD and HD QuickTime files and Avid DNxHD MXF files.
- Audio Output: 1 x 3.5 mm stereo analog audio output jack.
- SD Interface: 1 x UHS-1 SD slot
- Storage Type: Removable SDXC UHS-1 and SDHC UHS-1 cards. Supports DS, HS, SDR12, SDR25, DDR50, SDR50 and SDR104 SD cards.
- Recorder Control: Integrated capacitive touch LCD screen with onscreen controls for settings and navigating menus.
- Screen Dimensions: 5" 1920 x 1080p60 capacitive touch LCD screen.
- Recorder Configuration: Via the device's USB port or the device's user interface.
- Computer Interface: 1 x Mini-B USB 2.0 connector for initial setup, software updates and HyperDeck Utility software control.
And the URSA Viewfinder:
We'll keep you updated as the availability of these new products becomes known.