For cinematographers working with larger lenses, the Z720 ringlight from F&V might be a great addition to your lighting kit.
With a diameter of 290mm, the Z720 can be used with larger sized lenses. Not only that, but F&V accessories, including their portable softbox, allow the ringlight to be multifunctional.
Z720 LED Cinema-Style Ringlight
- 720 ultra-color LEDs
- 95 CRI
- variance of no more than +/- 1
- 290mm diameter
- Magnets on front allow for diffusion/filter attachments
- Wi-Fi module and app allows users to control/program light with a smartphone
- 4-Quadrant system
- Control color and intensity
F&V also shows us their LED panels, which come in 3 tiers:
- Ultra Color: 95 CRI
- Plus: 90 CRI
- Lumic: 85 CRI
- Daylight/Bi-Color versions
- Attach accessories with bayonet system
- Battery plate and V-mount (on Anton Bauer)
- Runs for about 1 hour
F&V also showcased a new accessory, a softbox that doubles as a spill suppression system for their K4000 lights.
The prices for all of their new gear have not yet been disclosed, but each piece will be available in the next couple of months. You can check out F&V's website to stay up to date on pricing and availability.
No Film School's complete coverage of NAB 2015 is brought to you by Color Grading Central, Shutterstock, Blackmagic Design, and Bigstock.
The engineers from this company would laugh at me, I did sort of that same thing with a hoola loop and a led strip ;)
April 15, 2015 at 2:49PM