Lensbaby is pretty much synonymous with creative tilt-shift lenses. Now they've announced the brand new Composer Pro II, which takes everything good about the original Composer Pro, and puts it all in a metal housing, and increases the possible tilt from 0-17.5° to 0-15°. The lens is available in basically every current mount that exists, and is also compatible with the other optic pieces made by Lensbaby, so you can get different looks without buying a whole new housing.
Here are the specs:
- Covers Full-Frame 35mm
- Nikon F, Canon EF, Micro 4/3, Fuji X, Pentax PK, Sony Alpha, Sony E, and Samsung NX Mounts
- Compatible with Optic Swap System
- Metal Body with Tilt from 0-15°
- Flat Field Optic Creates Slice of Focus
- Aperture Range: f/3.2 to 22
- Manual Focus and Aperture Control
- Minimum Focus Distance: 8"
- Filter Diameter: 46mm
- Internal 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Weight: 10 oz
- Price: $425
The Lensbaby optics might not be right for every situation, but they're definitely fun to use, especially for B-Roll or secondary shots of a subject where the background isn't the nicest. For more on this lens, and to check out how this tilt-shift effect actually works, check out the Lensbaby site here.
The lens is available to purchase right now at places like B&H.