People have been asking for a Google App version of FiLMIC Pro for quite some time, and now we've finally got one. If you've been following the news around the app, it was previously only available on iOS, and was actually one of the main tools used by the crew on the film Tangerine:
FiLMIC Pro allows all sorts of manual controls for shooting on phones, including locking and selecting the following:
- Color Temperature
- Shutter Speed
- Pulling Focus
You can also select higher bitrate recording, and a number of different aspect ratios, and also resolutions, depending on what your particular device is capable of. In addition, you have more control over the audio recording in the app.
Here's a recent example of a film that used the FiLMIC Pro app, this one was shot on the iPhone 6S:
More on the release:
Our Android release is the culmination of many months of hard work by our development team and our beta testers. Android is a dynamic but challenging platform to develop a product like ours. Our initial offering is for devices running Lollipop and higher operating systems and that fully support Android’s Camera2 api. Camera2 is a more full-featured OS support for a device’s camera controls and allows us to offer the broadest array of functional support befitting the FiLMiC Pro label.
Here are the devices that support Camera2, and should run FiLMIC Pro correctly:
- Acer: GT-810
- Google: Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nexus 9 LTE, Nexus 9, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X
- Intel: SurfTab xintron i 7.0, Cloudpad One 7.0
- LGE: V10, LG G Vista 2, LG G Flex2, LG G4
- Nvidia: SHIELD Tablet
- Sharp: AQUOS SERIE SHV32, AQUOS Compact SH-02H, AQUOS Xx, AQUOS ZETA SH-01H, AQUOS ZETA SH-03G, AQUOS Xx2 mini
- Samsung: Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 Edge
- Symphony Teleca: OnePlus2, hudl 2
- TCT Mobile Limited (Alcatel): POP2 (4), 9020A
You can find FiLMIC Pro on the Google Play store right now for $10.
Source: FiLMIC Pro