Edelkrone Unveils New Rig, Follow Focus and First of its Kind Tripod at NAB
The accessory and engineering company gets ultra innovative for NAB 2016.
Edelkrone introduced four highly inventive new products this morning in Las Vegas to kick off their NAB 2016 showcase. They've announced The FocusONE follow focus, the JibPLUS jib add on, the RigONE rig solution, and a one of a kind new tripod they call the StandPLUS.
The FocusONE plays successor to the popular FocusONE PRO follow focus system which Edelkrone discontinued. Edelkrone’s updated version is similarly based on a proprietary marker-free setup where the marking disk faces the operator. This has proven a more convenient set up for whomever's behind the camera, giving them further precision when pulling focus.
The FocusONE remains a single rod based unit that mounts the marking disk between the hand wheel and the drive gear. The design allows users to turn the hand wheel without causing any shake to your shot. You can pull focus from above or below the camera comfortably without the need for a focus whip.
This simplified version will be much cheaper than its predecessor at just $199 and is slated for release in May. Here are some of it's specifications:
- Size: (L x W x H) 4.8 x 3.7 x 2.9 in
- Weight: 0.8 lbs
- Optimized for: .8 mod lenses
- Rod clamp: 15 mm industry standard
- Materials: CNC machined aluminum with delrin components and stainless steel screws
The new Edelkrone JibPLUS is a nice new jib add-on for mini jibs. It automates target-following and automatically keeps the target you choose in focus. Here are a few of it's other key features:
- Can learn to 3 separate targets at a time.
- Allows auto focusing with any lens.
- Contains a sensor module, a 2-axis head and a controller.
- Optimized for light weight cameras and DSLRs.
Though not the most technologically advanced new product from it's 2016 slate, the StandPLUS may be Edelkrone's flashiest. Which is strange, since it's essentially a tripod. They took to redesigning the classic tripod into a more compact, versatile form. What they ended up with is a completely unique new model which makes adjusting your camera's height and position quick and smooth. There are no buttons or knobs to tighten or adjust, just pop it up and you're ready to go. When you're done, it takes less than five seconds to fold down and it's ultra compact design makes it very easy to pack away.
The RigONE is a all-in-one rig solution for professional video production using DSLR and light weight cameras. The new product allows users to attach numerous accessories around a camera, use it in hand, on a tripod, or like a monopod from the waist, with its built-in belt groove. When not in use the RigONE folds to fit in a backpack to carry anywhere. Here's some specs:
- Folded Size: (L x W x H) 8.8 x 8.5 x 3.4 in. (22.3 x 21.5 x 8.6 cm)
- Weight: 3.08 lbs
- Carrying Capacity: Up to 6.6 lb
- Mounting Options: Mounts on 1/4" 20 screws
- Support Arm Length: 27.5 in
- Accessory Ports: Cold shoe, 1/4" 20 female
- Materials: CNC machined aluminum & stainless steel components