This Week, Indie Film Lost a Champion [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly covers the tragic death of Anton Yelchin and more.
Have you ever heard of the tickling fetish? Neither had we—until the very angry subjects of the documentary Tickled stormed a recent screening. We discuss that, Skywalker Sound's new multi-directional audio tech, the tragic loss of Anton Yelchin (who was a big proponent of indie film), what net neutrality means for filmmakers, and more.
The episode is hosted by No Film School Editor-in-Chief Liz Nord, Producer Jon Fusco, and yours truly, Managing Editor Emily Buder. As always, it includes our Ask No Film School segment, plus grant and festival deadlines, gear news, upcoming indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- What the Latest Net Neutrality Victory Means for Indie Filmmakers
- This Filmmaker Recruited George Lucas to Invent the Technology for His Movie
- Joel Edgerton of 'Midnight Special': Filmmaking 'All Comes Down to Point of View
- How to Survive Production Nightmares and Stay True to Your Vision: 'A Woman, A Part'
- This GoPro Accessory Lets You Record Footage with Your Mouth
- The 'First Universal Panning Tool' Works with Any Slider on the Market
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Fledgling Film Fund - Rolling
Sundance Documentary Fund - Rolling
Cinespace Short Film Competition - July 31
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Neon Demon
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Swiss Army Man