In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we finally settle one of our most FAQs: which camera should I buy?
NFS Co-hosts Jon Fusco and, yours truly, Liz Nord are joined by tech writer Charles Haine with his take on this hot topic. We also get into the DNC's film connections, the new slate of super-trailers released at last week's Comic-Con, indies nominated for this year's News & Documentary Emmys, memorials to both director Garry Marshall (Pretty Woman, Beaches) and the VCR, and some skyward drama around California's first drone-related arrest. As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, our Ask No Film School segment, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- 20+ Films You Need to Watch About Race in America
- How Garry Marshall Made a Rom-Com by Marrying Film and TV
- Cinematography Reigns, Kristen Stewart Had to 'Prove Herself' in Woody Allen's 'Cafe Society'
- Creating the Paranoid Wall Street World in Sundance Thriller 'EQUITY' with Screenwriter Amy Fox
- How to Not Waste A Dime On Your Feature Film (Sundance panel featuring Meera Menon)
- Assimilate Scratch Pushes Deep into Stereo 3D and VR with 8.5
- Is a Drone-Balloon Hybrid a Match Made in Heaven?
- FilmConvert Updates Camera Profiles for Three New Cameras
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Points North Short Form Editing Residency - August 10
- NEH Media Production and Media Development Grants - August 10
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Philadelphia Film Festival - July 29
- The Woodstock Film Festival - July 29 (final)
- IDFA - International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam- August 1 (final)