Canon adds C-Log to the EOS 5D Mark IV, with an emphasis on shadows and highlights.
In this video, we highlight the Canon Log upgrade that's available for EOS 5D Mark IV users. C-Log isn't a RAW recording, but it uses the image sensor's characteristics to produce a wide dynamic range with minimal losses in shadows and highlights. The video appears flat, low in contrast and saturation with muted sharpness to provide flexibility during the color grading process.
The firmware update will be available in July and will cost $99. Visit usa.canon.com/canonlog5d4 to grab yours. If you're shopping for a new EOS 5D Mark IV, it will come pre-installed with a retail price around $3,599 (body only).
5D Mark IV Tech Specs
- CMOS sensor
- EF Mount
- 150,000-pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
- Continuous shooting 7 frames / sec.
- ISO100-102400 (extended sensitivity)
- Touch panel
- 4K at 30fps, MJPEG 4:2:2 500Mbit/s
- JPEG still image of 8MP from 4K video
- 120fps HD video for slow motion (1080)
- Time-lapse movie
- GPS built-in
- Wi-Fi, NFC
- Media SD / SDHC / SDXC and CompactFlash TypeII
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: