SmallHD Introduces Affordable Touchscreen Field Monitor
The 5-inch micro HDMI FOCUS monitor may be a great solution for run-n-gun productions.
SmallHD unveiled its first touchscreen HD video monitor this morning at NAB. The FOCUS will be available in early June 2017 for under $500.
SmallHD's new 5-inch FOCUS is perfect for low-profile camera setups, providing daylight visibility with an 800-nit display.
- 2-3x brighter than most camera LCD screens
- More pixels per inch than an iPad with Retina display
- Incredibly simple touchscreen navigation
FOCUS attaches to the camera via shoe mount with the included tilt arm providing the user with 180 degrees of vertical rotation. Included on the FOCUS mount is an additional shoe mount, so you don't have to give up one accessory to have the other.
- Allows the FOCUS to tilt 180 degrees for viewing convenience
- Includes a shoe mount of its own for accessories like microphones
- Secure and lightweight mounting via shoe adapter or ¼” 20
In addition to flexibility, with a center-mounted Sony L-Series battery, this monitor can now power small-format cameras with its auxiliary power out and camera-specific battery adapter cables. The FOCUS is equipped with micro HDMI input, an SD card slot for loading 3D LUTs, and SmallHD’s professional suite of software tools such as Waveform, Focus Assist, or Pixel Zoom.