Wooden Camera drops DSLR-friendly accessories for filmmakers.
The UFF-1 Universal Follow Focus from Wooden Camera is exactly what you might expect from the product title. It's the company's first follow focus system that attaches to all three rod standards (15mm LW, 15mm studio, and 19mm ); more importantly, it's adapter-free. The included swing arm and lens gears can be flipped to front or back positions and the hand wheel is compatible with a traditional standard marking disc and hard stop disc.
There are two kits available: a base kit for $1,250 and a Pro version for $1,995, both shipping in June.
Base Kit includes:
- .5 mod for Canon ENG
- .6 mod for Fujinon ENG
- .8 mod small diameter for Cinema Lenses
- .8 mod large diameter for Cinema Lenses
- Friction Gear for DSLR lenses
A director's monitor cage dubbed Cage V2 is also new in the Wooden Camera line. Compatible with any monitor up to 9" (measured diagonally, e.g. Atomos, Shogun), it can attach to the top, bottom, or rear 1/4 20 mounting locations. An included adaptable sun shade can also protect the monitor display when storing.
Included in the kit:
- 1/4-20 x 1/2" button head screws
- 1/4-20 x 3/8" button head screws
- Offset adapters
- M3 x 8mm Philips screws (for V-Mount plate)
- M3 x 12mm Phillips screws (for Gold Mount plate)
- M2.5 x 4mm socket cap screw (for Odyssey 7Q location pin)
- Teradek Mounting Bracket
- 1/4-20 x 1 1/4" button head screw and 1/4-20 nut (for Teradek Bolt)
- #4-40 x 1/2" socket cap screws ( for Teradek receiver)
- M3 x 20mm socket cap screws (for Odyssey 7Q)
- WC Cable Tie
- Sun Shade
- Sun Shade (velcro loop for Odyssey)
A new DSLR cage design called Unified comes in three sizes: small, medium, and large to fit a variety of cameras, like the Sony A7 series and Panasonic GH5 camera. The update includes easy access to the XLR module, an HDMI lock, and a built-in lens adapter support system.
- 1/4"-20 holes, standard spacing
- 3/8"-16 holes
- Folding and reversible top handle
- Manfrotto dovetail receiver plate
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: