Why Zacuto Calls its Latest a "No Cage" Cage for the GH5
The GH5 cage offers protection, accessibility, and support for accessories.
Zacuto's new cage for the Panasonic GH5 gives users the benefits of a cage without the limitations of a cage. That's specifically why the company has dubbed it a "no cage" cage. Lightweight and compact, the GH5 cage is made of anodized aluminum. It comes equipped with a removable wooden handgrip and a camera hand strap for stability and comfort while using the camera’s grip. The unique design allows access to the battery compartment, hotshoe adapter, as well as all of the buttons on the camera.
The GH5 cage screws into the bottom of the camera with a provided ¼" 20 screw. The top includes numerous ¼" 20 for mounting accessories. It also has a built in Z-Rail for mounting an optional top handle or other accessories. The bottom of the cage has 2 ¼" 20 threads and a 3/6" 16 thread for a tripod plate and a built in dovetail to slide into a VCT Pro shoulder mount baseplate or VCT Pro dock so you can quickly move your camera from handheld, to shoulder mount, to tripod shooting. The dovetail connection point is also where you will connect the optional 15mm lightweight rod support for attaching matte boxes, follow focuses, motors, etc. It will also slide onto your VCT Pro and VCT Pro Dock. For those using the HDMI output, the cage includes an HDMI cable clamp to hold the full size HDMI cable steady to reduce strain. The cable clamp screws directly into the camera, so you can even use it without the cage.
- Ultra Slim & Lightweight
- Cage with side handle .9 lbs, Cage without side handle .6 lbs
- Includes a Zacuto camera hand strap for stability and comfort while using the camera’s grip
- Access to camera’s battery, hotshoe and full button control
- Attaches to camera’s neck strap eyelets for secure connection
- Top Z-Rail for top handle or accessories
- Can slide into the VCT Pro shoulder mount baseplate or Dock
- HDMI cable clamp for strain relief
- Removable Wooden side handle with built-in coldshoe
- Optional non-rod based Micro 4/3rds to EF Metabones support
- Optional Top handle with built-in cold shoe
- HDMI pincher that screws directly into camera
- Optional 15mm rod support base
The Zacuto GH5 Cage is priced at $495 and is shipping in 4-6 weeks. Pre-order now at Zacuto's website.
*To attach a Z-Finder with the GH5 Cage, you can use the 3.2" Adhesive Frame