With experts like Martín Rosete, Verena Soltitz, and the legend who created the lightsaber, Roger Christian, this is bound to be the most memorable CineSummit yet.
It's that time of year again! Tens of thousands of filmmakers from all over the globe are gearing up to take part in the 2017 CineSummit, the world's largest educational event for filmmakers. If you're unaware of what CineSummit is and what it's all about, it's a two-day event that gives filmmakers of all levels of experience a chance to learn from some of the most exciting, sought-after directors and cinematographers working today. The best part about it, though, is that it's 100% online and 100% free.
Here's a promo to get you started:
This year's event is a little different than it has been in previous years; instead of eight world-class cinematographers offering their expertise, it will be eight world-class directors, but the format is still the same. You are given access to a virtual classroom with professionals who not only know the craft and industry best but who offer advice that is designed to be practical. This means that the moment you go back to work after attending CineSummit, you'll be able to put everything you learned into practice.
Through a series of sessions, you will get to learn about everything from landing a job to increasing your production value on a budget. Here's a look at this year's schedule:
- Roger Christian (Star Wars, Alien, Nostradamus): "The 'Legends' Session"
- Verena Soltitz (Red Bull, A1, Bipa): "The Creativity Blueprint: How to Make Your Film Stand Out from the Crowd
- Adam Patch (Twitter, LinkedIn, HP): "From Amateur to Pro"
- Blake Farber (Beyonce, Nike, H&M): "Real-World Film School"
- Ryan Connolly (Film Riot): "How to Create a 'Hollywood-Looking' Film on a Shoestring Budget"
- Martín Rosete (Money, Voice Over): "Your First Feature Film...The Checklist"
- Matthew Jenkin (Little Old Lady, Cockatoo): "Add Impact to Your Film with Simple Camera Choices"
- Alex Di Marco (Wiz Khalifa, Disney, Sony): "How to Get the Job and Turn Your Client into Your Biggest Fan"
Once again, CineSummit is completely free. All you have to do to take part in the event is sign up—that's it. After that, you can watch every session live for free. If for some reason you can't attend, CineSummit does give you the chance to "upgrade your ticket" for $97 (that's an early bird price) to stream or download each session.
CineSummit officially kicks off on September 12th and runs through the 13th, so make sure to sign up and mark your calendars.