Are you a writer living in LA who needs to get out of the house to write but is tired of trying to find a table at the local coffee shop? TheOffice is now seeking submissions for its free six-month fellowship until August 8, 2017.
TheOffice is a members-only, quiet, communal workspace for writers featuring 26 workspaces with Aeron chairs, plus complimentary coffee, tea, wifi, and Bose headphones. The free six-month fellowship is the equivalent of a Premium Membership, which offers private door code access to theOffice 24/7. So if the muse strikes at 3 AM on Thursday, theOffice is available to you.
theOffice, a private, quiet, communal space for writers.
The fellowship begins September 1, 2017 and ends February 28, 2018.
Here are the requirements to apply:
- Applicants must live in Los Angeles. Sorry, no out-of-towners.
- The fellowship is open to all up-and-coming writers (no feature film writing credits on IMDb and no more than one hour of television writing credit on IMDb. Aspiring authors without a book deal also welcome).
- Ten pages of your best work in PDF form. Submissions can include pages from your screenplay, play, short story, novel, memoir, article, poem, etc.
- You must be the sole writer of the pages submitted.
- Current members of theOffice are not eligible to submit.
- Winner will be announced via email by August 31.
- Deadline to submit is August 8, 2017, midnight PST.
To submit, theOffice asks that you email the following to theOfficeFellowship@gmail.com by the August 8 deadline:
- Your contact information: Full name, phone, and email address.
- In the body of the email, please briefly explain why you want this fellowship and what you hope to gain from it.
- A 10-page PDF writing sample of your work. Attach this to the email. Send your best 10 pages. Do not submit pages that need to be set up or explained. Send 10 pages that stand alone. Only PDF submissions please. All other attachments will be deleted.
To learn more about theOffice and its fellowship, go here.