The Next Hottest Rental Camera & It's Time to Stop Putting Lives at Risk on Set [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly reveals one of the most important things a director can do on set.
Jon Fusco, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss the lifesaving info that every filmmaker can learn from recent Radiohead and NARCOS shoots, and a dirty debacle threatening the beloved indie institutions in the Alamo Drafthouse family. In gear news, we get a first look at Sony’s full-frame VENICE, and we answer an Ask No Film School question about what you can do in 8K that you can’t do in four.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- How Radiohead's 'Man of War' is a Shot-For-Shot Remake of Itself
- Mark Duplass' 9 Secrets to Launching a Career in Indie Film
- John Carroll Lynch on How to Be an Actors' Dream Director and What it's Like Working with Harry Dean Stanton [PODCAST]
- 6 Filmmaking Survival Tips from 5 Rising Stars of Indie Film
- How to Make Comedy Cinematic: Ingrid Jungermann's 'Women Who Kill'
- How to Write a Thrilling Horror, from 'Silence of the Lambs' Screenwriter and More
- Claudio Miranda Shoots the First Official Sony VENICE Footage and it's Stunning
- Angenieux Introduces the Optimo Ultra 12x: One Zoom Lens That Adapts to Multiple Sensors
- Tamron Announces New Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- European Short Pitch 2018 - September 30
- Film Independent Documentary Lab - October 2
SFFILM Women, Peace, and Security Fellowship - October 3
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- The Cleveland International Film Festival - September 30
- Athens International Film and Video Festival - October 1
- Riverrun International Film Festival - October 1
- Song to Song - October 2
- Raw - October 4
- Season Finale of Room 104 - October 1
- Lucky - September 29