Tamron Announces New Ultra-Telephoto Zoom Lens
Tamron unveils a 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD lens for filmmakers.
Tamron will be launching a 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD (Model A035) ultra-telephoto zoom lens at the end of 2017 for full-frame DSLR cameras with Nikon or Canon mounts. The digitally integrated zoom will feature three low-dispersion lens elements to reduce aberration, Tamron's eBAND coating for anti-reflection performance, vibration compensation (VC) to reduce image blur caused by camera shake, improved autofocus and more.
Constructed with magnesium in key areas of the lens barrels to improve strength and portability, it weighs 39.3 oz, the lightest among other 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 lenses. Users will have a minimum object distance (MOD) of 59" and max magnification ratio of 1:3.6. An Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) controls the autofocus system, a ring-type motor for fast, near noiseless autofocus. Additionally, USD allows for manual focus adjustments without needing to switch modes. #timesaver
Model A035 will be compatible with Tamron's 1.4X teleconverter and TAP-in ConsoleTM for lens customizations like focus, VC adjustments and others. There will be an optional Arca Swiss tripod mount as well.
- 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD
- 3 LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) Coating
- High-speed Dual MPU (Micro-Processing Unit) control system
- MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 59"
- Maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.6
- Compatible with 1.4X teleconverter and TAP-in ConsoleTM
- Weighs (39.3 oz)