Got 100 seconds to spare? Then you have enough time to learn five sweet camera hacks.
You're not always going to have the proper tool to get the job done while making your films. That's why it's always a good idea to have a few camera hacks up your sleeve when you're in a bind. In this video from YouTube user and filmmaker wzzly, you'll get to learn how useful things like prisms, leaves, and plastic bags can be when trying to do your thing on set. Check it out below:
Some of these hacks are going to help you create sweet camera effects, like adding a little color to your shot or produce interesting light effects, while others make it possible to move your camera more steadily or even just keep your gear dry when the weather's nasty. Here are the five hacks mentioned in the video:
- Use a prism to create interesting lens effects.
- Use your tripod to create slider camera moves.
- Leaves can create colorful blur effects.
- Camera straps make great stabilizers in a pinch.
- Don't want your camera to get wet? Wrap your camera in a plastic bag.
If you want to learn some other great camera hacks, we've covered plenty of them in the past. Check them out here.
What are some other camera hacks that you use in your own projects? Let us know in the comments below.