The NAB Tech That You Need to Know & Does Netflix or Cannes Have Indie Film's Back? [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we join the great Cannes v. Netflix debate and preview the Tribeca Film Festival.
This week, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss whether independent filmmakers ultimately pay the price in the ongoing war between Netflix and the Cannes Film Festival. We also preview the Tribeca Film Festival, which we will be covering in depth over the next two weeks, and say a sad goodbye to influential film director Milos Forman, who passed away last Friday.
Charles Haine joins us for gear and tech news, wherein he recaps the best new filmmaking toys and tools that our team discovered over four days at America’s biggest broadcasting expo, NAB. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about how to put together a showreel for sound design.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Our Most Anticipated Films of Tribeca 2018
- Cannes Film Festival Announces 2018 Lineup and Wants You to Attend For Free
- A Remembrance: Milos Forman's Meteoric Impact on Global Cinema
- 5 Essential Tips for Crafting the Narrative in Your Documentary
- Get Your First Feature Financed and Made with This One-of-a-Kind New Festival
- How Do You Know if One Character Can Carry Your Whole Movie?
- How Werner Herzog-Approved 'The Rider' Director 'Got Creative' Financing Her Exquisite Cannes Premiere
- All of the Latest Filmmaking Tools From NAB 2018
- Atomos Unloads Ninja V & Explains Its Partnership with Apple and ProRes RAW
- SmallHD Focus Bolt Offers a Low-Cost Wireless Monitoring Solution
- Create Fast VFX with Boris FX's Latest Continuum Software
- Lumaforge Provides the Perfect Product for Your Editing Team
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Studiofest - April 22
- Enter the code StudioFestNFS for 25% off submission fees at Withoutabox and FilmFreeway,
- Fledgling Rapid Story Deployment Fund - Rolling
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Pass Over - April 20