ScreenCraft is back with "the industry's #1 horror screenplay contest." The 2018 Horror Script Contest is nearing its early deadline of May 3rd, and we wanted to make sure that you're not missing your chance to not only win some cash but also get some valuable personal introductions to some of the biggest names in horror.
As usual, ScreenCraft has handpicked a dream team panel of judges for this year's competition, which includes managers, producers, and screenwriters that have brought us some of the most successful horror films in recent years, like Get Out, directed by Oscar-winner Jordan Peele, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, and the sneaker blockbuster A Quiet Place, directed by John Krasinski.
- Scott Beck and Bryan Woods: Screenwriters of A Quiet Place
- Ryan Turek: VP of Development at Blumhouse Productions
- Andrew Wilson: Manager at Zero Gravity
- Kailey Marsh: Manager/Producer and CEO of Kailey Marsh Media, creator of Bloodlist.com
- Sean McKittrick: Film producer of Donnie Darko, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and Get Out
- 1st Place: $1000 cash, a phone call with a top Hollywood manager/agent, introduction to top studio development executives, producers, and filmmakers
- 2nd Place: $500 cash, a phone call with a top literary manager
- Top 3 Finalists: Free development notes from a professional Hollywood script reader, circulation of your project's logline and title to ScreenCraft's network of film professionals, free lifetime license to WriterDuet Pro v4 screenwriting software
- Anyone from anywhere in the world can enter, but you must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have earned less than $50,000 from professional writing services for film or TV in the last year.
- Each screenplay will be judged based on originality, story, characterization, visual inventiveness, and overall impression.
- Feature screenplays should be no longer than 140 pages.
- All submissions must be written in English.
- You can submit as many scripts as you like.
- Entry fees: $49 until the early deadline (May 3rd), $59 until the final deadline (June 29th)
The early deadline is May 3rd, 2018 and the final deadline is June 29th, 2018. So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to ScreenCraft and get those horror scripts in! Good luck!