This episode of Indie Film Weekly will get you connected in no time.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and Liz Nord are back together for the final show of 2018. It was an amazing year for film, but a recent study found that there was one key ingredient for the biggest box office successes. And yes, that ingredient may surprise you. Plus how MoviePass may be making a come back and the Oscars are off to a horrible start.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news where he breaks down what's been a busy month in codec. On Ask No Film School - how do you build your filmmaking network online?
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- MoviePass to Make Big Changes in 2019
- 'Mandy' Will Not Win the Academy Award it Deserves
- Feeling Lonely? This is the Film Festival For You
- Are A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody musicals, comedies, or dramas?
- How a Filmmaker Documented Corrupt Power in 'Divide and Conquer: The Story of Roger Ailes'
- The Zellner Brothers on Why You Need to Do Something New With Every Film You Make
- 'Minding the Gap': How Bing Liu Turned 12 Years of Skate Footage into the Year's Most Heartfelt Doc
- Adobe Premiere on Windows Will Now Write ProRes Files
- Avid Commits to DNx on the Mac
- Frame.io Launches the Ultimate Post Workflow Guide
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Sundance Documentary Fund - December 16
- Script Pipeline Great Movie Idea Contest - December 15
- ScreenCraft Cinematic Short Story Contest - December 16
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival - December 14
- Maryland Film Festival - December 17
- Newport Beach Film Festival - December 21
- Roma - December 14
- Damsel - December 17