Meet the new brightest light in the Aputure Light Storm product line.
For those working in commercial film and video production, Aputure has dropped some interesting news for those who are keen on lighting. As part of its flagship Light Storm product line, Aputure has just unveiled its new Light Storm 1200d Pro, their brightest light in the line yet.
Featuring a 1200W COB, this LS 1200d Pro isn’t just the brightest in their line, but might just be the highest output Bowens mount light fixture on the entire market.
Let’s take a look at this bright and exciting new offering to see if it might be right for you and your lighting projects.
The Aputure Light Storm 1200d Pro
Designed to utilize the Bownes mount, this Light Storm flagship should be a hit with professional lighting technicians across genres as it can use a wide range of Bowens mount soft light modifiers (like light domes and lanterns) for an array of lighting types and uses.
It’s also set to include three Bowens mount Hyper Reflectors with different beam angles including narrow, medium, and wide. And just looking at the narrow, for example, the 1200D Pro can push an output of 83,100 lux at up to three meters.
This 1200d Pro should also be quite durable and weather-resistant as well as feature some robust connectivity features using Lumenradio CRMX and Art-net & sACN via an etherCON connector, as well as integrating seamlessly with any professional DMX interface.
Who’s It For?
So, if you work in film and video at a commercial, corporate, or larger-scale narrative level, this might be a great light for you to consider. It’s really designed to be highly modifiable and features plenty of controls and features for connecting it with different setups.
Ideally, the 1200d Pro should easily fit into any LED lighting package that you may already own or rent as you won’t have to worry about constant bulb maintenance and changes. Thus, it’s an ideal plug-and-play lighting solution for any lighting-savvy or novice filmmaker.
Specs and Feature
- 1200W Daylight Bowens Mount Point-Source LED
- 83,100 lux @ 3m with Hyper Reflector (Narrow)
- 22,400 lux @ 3m with Hyper Reflector (Medium)
- 9,610 lux @ 3m with Hyper Reflector (Wide)
- Weather-Resistant: Dust & Water Resistant
- 0.1-100% Stepless Brightness Control
- Frequency Selection to Reduce Flicker
- Lead-Follow Mode for Quick Workflow
- 4-Fan Modes: Smart/Medium/High/Silent
- Half Power Output with one 48V/15A Power Source
- Full Power Output with two 48V/15A Power Sources
- 7.5m Weatherproof Head Cable
- 6m Locking Neutrik Power Cord
- Dual Lightning Clamp Quick Release Plates
- Curved, Disk-Brake Yoke with 360° Rotation
- Utilizes Universal Bowens Mount Standard
- 4 Dimming Curves: Linear, Exponential, Log, S-Curve
- 8 Lighting FX: Paparazzi, Fireworks, Lightning, Faulty Bulb, TV, Pulsing, Strobe, & Explosion
- Includes Rolling Case & Reflector Carrying Case
What do you think of this bright new light from Aputure? Let us know in the comments below!