First Hands-On Footage From Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro G2 Drops
Take a peek at some of the first high frame rate footage from the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
In this video by Garth De Bruno Austin, the filmmaking Youtuber is one of the first to take the new URSA Mini Pro to task and try out some of its boosted high frame rate recording. (The G2 can shoot 300fps in HD and 120fps in 4.6K.)
Let’s take a look and dive into some of some of the early feedback.
URSA Mini Pro G2 Footage
As you can see in the slow motion wildlife test footage above, Bruno Austin was able to try out some of the RAW 4.6K (8:1) full sensor recording at 120fps for some pretty spectacular shots. He further pushed the frame rates and showcases some of the RAW 2K (3:1) with the cropped sensor at 300fps.
For best results, you should definitely check out the footage at Youtube’s maxed 4K. But overall it’s starting to look like the G2’s high frame rate recording will definitely be a boost to an already strong and popular previous generation camera.
Full URSA Mini Pro G2 Specs
- Digital film camera with 15 stops of dynamic range.
- Super 35mm 4.6K sensor with Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science.
- Supports project frame rates up to 60 fps and off-speed slow motion recording up to 120 fps in 4.6K, 150 fps in 4K DCI and 300 fps in HD Blackmagic RAW.
- Interchangeable lens mount with EF mount included as standard. Optional PL, B4 and F lens mounts available separately.
- High quality 2, 4 and 6 stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colorimetry and color science of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
- Fully redundant controls including external controls which allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more.
- Built in dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual SD/UHS-II card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
- High speed USB-C expansion port for recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk.
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body.
- LCD status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status, and audio levels.
- Support for Blackmagic RAW files in Constant Bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1 and 12:1 or Constant Quality Q0 and Q5 as well as ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at 4.6K, 4K, Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
- Supports recording of up to 300 frames per second in HD, 150 frames per second in 4K DCI, and 120 frames per second at full frame 4.6K.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
- 4 inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
- Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software.