Are you a fan of Marvel movies? One of the best to come out in recent memory is the sequel toBlack Panther: Wakanda Forever. Written by Ryan Coogler and Joe Robert Cole, the film's screenplay does the incredible feat of telling an entertaining story while also mourning the loss of the late Chadwick Boseman.
The movie comes out on Disney+ on February 1st, 2022. I suggest reading along with the action. It can give you a clear idea how Marvel movies are translated from the page to the screen. You can also see if anything was reimagined or cut during the development process.
I also think the character arcs for Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Princess Shuri (Letitia Wright), Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o), Okoye (Danai Gurira), and M’Baku (Winston Duke) are incredibly poignant and something to study. We don't usually have these kinds of movies deal with serious topics, but his one does an amazing job.
Read and download the Black Panther: Wakanda Forever screenplay here!
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever- Ryan Coogler and Joe Robert Cole
What makes this script great?
- Continuation of a Rich Legacy: The screenplay had the challenging task of continuing the legacy of the original Black Panther film while also paying tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman, who played the title role. This required a delicate balance of honoring the past while moving the story forward.
- Cultural Representation and Depth: Like its predecessor, this movie was expected to dive deep into African culture, showcasing it in a futuristic, yet respectful and authentic light. The screenplay weaves in cultural elements that resonate with African traditions and history.
- Character Development: The film introduces new characters and further develops existing ones. The screenplay probably provides a nuanced portrayal of these characters, giving them depth and complexity. This is particularly important in superhero movies, where character development can sometimes be overshadowed by action sequences.
- Addressing Real-World Themes: The Black Panther series is known for addressing real-world social and political issues. The screenplay likely continues this tradition, touching on themes of leadership, loss, and the challenges faced by African nations in a global context.
- Engaging Plot and Worldbuilding: The first film was acclaimed for its engaging plot and rich world-building. The screenplay builds upon this foundation, expanding the universe and deepening the mythology of Wakanda.
- Balancing Action with Storytelling: A successful superhero movie screenplay must balance action and spectacle with storytelling and character arcs.
- Emotional Resonance: Finally, given the emotional context surrounding the film, the screenplay likely aims to strike an emotional chord with the audience, addressing themes of grief and legacy in a way that is both respectful and uplifting.
In summary, the screenplay for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is great due to its balance of cultural depth, character development, thematic richness, engaging storytelling, and emotional resonance, all while honoring the legacy of Chadwick Boseman.
Let us know your thoughts on the screenplay in the comments below!
- Wakanda Forever | No Film School ›
- Read and Download the 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' Screenplay PDF ›
- Black-Panther-Wakanda-Forever-Read-The-Screenplay.pdf ›