Today’s guest is Greg Mottola, director of Superbad, Adventureland, and new film Confess, Fletch.
Mottola discusses how to navigate gatekeepers, his experiences working with great comedic talent, and today’s challenges within the film industry.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Mottola’s experience working on various television series, such as Arrested Development
- Staying confident when projects do not catch up in the mainstream
- How artists can survive financially and mentally in this tough industry
- The streaming industry and how it has changed the financial model
- Directing the films Superbad and Adventureland
- The differences between the original Fletch and Confess, Fletch
- Sneaking social commentary into comedy movies
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Links for this episode:
- Confess, Fletch, vailable streaming and in theaters
- Fletch, the original 1985 film
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.